passport info

knpops

Can someone tell me if you have to a passport to go on oasis of the seas eastern caribbean? It says in the paperwork if you have a closed loop voyage that a birth certificate and goverment issue ID will work.......

Short answer: on a closed-loop voyage, you only need an OFFICIAL (the one with a raised seal, not a copy) birth certificate and government-issued photo ID.

However, if you miss the ship at any port for any reason, you will not be able to fly anywhere until you obtain a passport.

Art

Can someone tell me if you have to a passport to go on oasis of the seas eastern caribbean? It says in the paperwork if you have a closed loop voyage that a birth certificate and goverment issue ID will work.......

no Passport required.......HIGHLY recommended but not required

to the people that helped thank you sooooo much. I was afraid that my mom would not be able to go. So i dont need a passport for her i am afraid that they will have her birth cert and will take to long to get passport....I unerstand that it will be risky but she needs her marriage cert before she can even apply. I only have 7 weeks till cruise

Below is information copied from Royal Caribbean's website:

Different Surnames (Last Names):

If a woman has several surnames on different documents such as birth certificate and drivers license, then she must bridge the difference with other documents, such as, marriage license and/or divorce papers. The additional bridging documents must be the original or a certified or notarized copy.

It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to get a passport. It would be best for your mom to apply for a passport, since she doesn't have a copy of her marriage license. The name on her driver license will not match her birth certificate, so I believe the agent at the pier will ask to see her marriage license.

to the people that helped thank you sooooo much. I was afraid that my mom would not be able to go. So i dont need a passport for her i am afraid that they will have her birth cert and will take to long to get passport....I unerstand that it will be risky but she needs her marriage cert before she can even apply. I only have 7 weeks till cruise

She'll also need her marriage certificate to board the ship, you have to be able to show the name change(s) from the name on the BC to the name on the DL

Below is information copied from Royal Caribbean's website:

Different Surnames (Last Names):

If a woman has several surnames on different documents such as birth certificate and drivers license, then she must bridge the difference with other documents, such as, marriage license and/or divorce papers. The additional bridging documents must be the original or a certified or notarized copy.

It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to get a passport. It would be best for your mom to apply for a passport, since she doesn't have a copy of her marriage license. The name on her driver license will not match her birth certificate, so I believe the agent at the pier will ask to see her marriage license.

Good info! This is my first cruise with my new hyphenated name after getting married and I am SUPER paranoid that there will be issues when boarding. I have spoken to my travel agent and was planning on bringing my passport, drivers license and birth certificate, but I will add marriage certificate to that list also. My name is hyphenated on my license and passport, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

I really do not understand why any US citizen would leave the country without a passport. If you plan future travel, get a passport. They are WELL worth the money considering how long they last.......If you get stranded for whatever reason out of the country your life will be much easier!!!:D:D

I really do not understand why any US citizen would leave the country without a passport.
I know it's hard to understand, but other people make different decisions that you do regarding the cost/hassle of a passport vs the potential risk of not having one.

Like just about every aspect of crusing, just because you think something is "well worth it" doesn't mean it's well worth it to eveyone

I really do not understand why any US citizen would leave the country without a passport. If you plan future travel, get a passport. They are WELL worth the money considering how long they last.......If you get stranded for whatever reason out of the country your life will be much easier!!!:D:D

It may be difficult to understand but the OP's question was whether or not one was needed in order to cruise on Oasis of the Seas and technically, on a closed-loop cruise a government issued photo ID and a certified birth certificate are the only requirements. There are certainly good arguments for getting a passport but that is really a separate issue. People do a lot of things that you or I may not understand or agree with, but I'm afraid we need to accept that such things will occur. We can suggest or encourage them to do certain things but in the end it is ultimately up to them to decide whether or not to accept our advice.

Archived