Cabin Hopping

Hello, we are booked and paid in full for a suite on our upcoming cruise. The sailing is in a few weeks. It appears prices have gone lower. There are no more cabins available out our level, however there are two higher grade suites on our sailing and they are only a few hundred dollars more in total than what we paid for our cabin. The price change months ago was much higher.

My question is, would I be able to upgrade (hop) to the higher cabin by merely paying the few hundred dollar difference now? Or am I stuck where I am? Sounds like a great opportunity if I can get it. Thanks.

Hello, we are booked and paid in full for a suite on our upcoming cruise. The sailing is in a few weeks. It appears prices have gone lower. There are no more cabins available out our level, however there are two higher grade suites on our sailing and they are only a few hundred dollars more in total than what we paid for our cabin. The price change months ago was much higher.

My question is, would I be able to upgrade (hop) to the higher cabin by merely paying the few hundred dollar difference now? Or am I stuck where I am? Sounds like a great opportunity if I can get it. Thanks.

Unless the new rate is a special sale (new bookings only) you should be able to pay the difference and upgrade. It never hurts to ask even if it is a special sale. Good luck and Bon Voyage!

Call the cruise line and ask!:eek:

She is better off asking here first and getting the correct answer. Calling the cruise line and asking a question is like playing Russian Roulette. You never know what the outcome will be.;)

No matter what is said here, the cruise line will make the final decision.

The "outcome" will be what the cruise line decides, not what is posted here.

No matter what is said here, the cruise line will make the final decision.

The "outcome" will be what the cruise line decides, not what is posted here.

Yes and many of us know that if you call the first time and get someone who has absolutely no idea of what's going on and then call back many times it works out for the best. I think most of us are smart enough to know that the cruise line makes the decisions.:rolleyes:

call the cruise line or your TA, the ruise line has the final say

congrats!!

unless there is a special sale, RCCL will be happy to separate some more cash from your wallet!! (and even then, they'd probably still take more money from you!! :D)

you're gonna be spoiled!!

It is all done, credit card was gladly charged. No turning back now! :D

This is RCI's new policy since last year. Once final payment date has passed you can't get any price reductions, on a fully paid reservation. But you can upgrade to a higher level cabin and pay the price difference.

So, to the OP, congrats on getting a super-roomy suite. And cherish your gold seapass card.

This is RCI's new policy since last year. Once final payment date has passed you can't get any price reductions, on a fully paid reservation. But you can upgrade to a higher level cabin and pay the price difference.

So, to the OP, congrats on getting a super-roomy suite. And cherish your gold seapass card.

How did you know I have a gold seapass card? :eek:

Checking for cameras in my room here!!!!!! :p

If you have a grand suite or higher, you get a gold seapass card. (Junior Suites don't quality.) If you check out the RCI website, you will see that there is a list of suite perks - some of which (for certain ships) are reserved seating for shows, by the pool, private dining areas off the Windjammer, etc. The gold seapass card must be shown in order to access those areas.

Your Crown and Anchor status is shown across the bottom of your sea pass card. The color of the card is not based on this - only on the type of accomodations booked.

Archived