Hurricane Phillipe

newkscruiser

All of the computer models have it tracking north east. It's currently hundreds of miles south east of Bermuda and doesn't appear to a factor to any land mass.

Unless you have a trans Atlantic coming up soon I wouldn't worry about it...

:)

Good to know. Sure hope you're right. Traveling with my mom whose biggest worry is encountering a hurricane. Even after I've reassured her a dozen times she is still anxious. Hope she doesn't see that there is one lurking out there already.

For all cruisers heading out this weekend, there is a potential sub-tropical distrubance developing over Cuba and south Florida that is suppose to bring rain and strong winds on up the East Coast on Saturday and Sunday and possibly Monday. You may have a wet embarkation and sail away out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale and a rough first nigth at sea.

Mach, feel free to put this in another thread.

Good to know. Sure hope you're right. Traveling with my mom whose biggest worry is encountering a hurricane. Even after I've reassured her a dozen times she is still anxious. Hope she doesn't see that there is one lurking out there already.

You can see the storm's projected path here:

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201117_model.html

:)

I've always been a Stormpulse fan cause it offers so much. Use the options on the upper right hand of the screen to turn features on/off such as forecast models clouds, watches/warnings.

Really cool. Turn on Atlantic satellites, left click on box in which Philippe appears, select rainbow as display, and select auto repeat from right hand side of screen.

Wanna know how far a storm is from your home. Put cursor on city closest to where you live and distance is displayed on bottom center of your screen.

Anyway..lots of features to play with. Here's link:

http://www.stormpulse.com/atlantic

Archived