Curacao and Aruba with 3 kids

gkrnjlr

I have 2 boys (ages 8 and 7) and 1 girl (age 4) at the time of sailing and we're going to Curacao and Aruba. Has anyone taken their kids there? Are there many kid friendly things to do there? On the Princess website for Aruba the only thing that is listed as kid friendly is the beach day. Is that it? There has to be something else that they'd find interesting.....

In Curacao (I think it was) I saw a trolley listed. They may enjoy that! But I am hoping to find someone that's been there and can tell me what kids may enjoy.

Thanks!

Jennifer

We cruise for the beaches..so that's what I do in port. However, children actually LIVE in those countries....so there will be "kid friendly" things!

Don't just look at the ship's excursions....1st, get a guidebook on those ports or check out their websites....you find out something about where you're going, and can start your planning after you've gathered some info on what's avail. and might interest you!

Are Aruba and Curacao "poor" places? Second/Third world? I feel incredibly dumb asking.....so don't laugh at me. :rolleyes:

I think the kids would enjoy the ostrich farm. I also think we'll go to the library and get some tourism books and figure out all there is to do. I could tell you all about the Western Caribbean just nothing about Southern Caribbean!

Thanks for all the help!

Are Aruba and Curacao "poor" places? Second/Third world? I feel incredibly dumb asking.....so don't laugh at me. :rolleyes:

I think the kids would enjoy the ostrich farm. I also think we'll go to the library and get some tourism books and figure out all there is to do. I could tell you all about the Western Caribbean just nothing about Southern Caribbean!

Thanks for all the help!

I would not consider them that way. Aruba is very nice. Curacao is beautiful. I don't ever ever remember feeling unsafe like I have at times in Mexico and Jamaica. Compare with Grand Cayman from what I remember of the western Caribbean. You will enjoy!

We did Curacao and Aruba in Feb this year with our son aged 10 and twin daughters aged 7.

We loved Curacao and went to the SeaAquarium and Mambo beach in the morning and then walked into Willemstad over the Queen Emma Floating bridge in the afternoon it was a beautiful island and my husband's favourite.

In Aruba we took a glass bottom boat tour from Palm Beach and then spent the afternoon on Eagle Beach - this has to be one of the best beaches I have ever been to.

We loved both islands but didn't find the locals as friendly as they are in other islands e.g St Lucia, Grenada but we would defintely want to visit them on any other cruise we would consider booking or even going to just for a vacation.

I understand your question and it's not dumb. Aruba and Curacao have some of the highest per capita income in the Caribbean and you can see this in the shape of infrastructure, new buildings, etc.

Actually I was amazed on my first Caribbean cruise on how different some of the other islands are - as far as lack of electricity, paved roads, etc.

Each island has its charm and it's a great idea to have your children write down the differences per island. We've produced some wonderful school reports from our cruise holdidays!

Archived