Happy Thanksgiving

eh2zed

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! Here in Halifax, we are blessed with having beautiful weather, it is a balmy 21 degrees and sunny here :) We are out in shorts and tank tops...can it get much better than this?

Have a great dinner everyone!

Nadia

Simultaneous translation for the Celsius impaired :D:

20 = 68

20's = 68 - 84

30 = 86

Ruth -not true bathing suit weather. But I know a few people who put off closing up their pool who'll be happy to turn the heater back on.

Two of them are a couple of friends returning from Orlando today. Around 68 when they boarded the plane. At this moment, 81 on my porch - headed higher. They're in for a surprise.

SoloCanadian: yes Abby tabby has been begging snippets of turkey. Her attitude my food is "MY food". Your food is "MY food".

If I had a dog, the dog's food would be "MY food".

A very Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian neighbors! Such a beautiful weekend to celebrate! It's been picture-perfect here, and from the posts I've read, it sounds pretty similar up north!

May you have much to be thankful for: health, happiness, and the joy of family and friends to celebrate with you!

Now I'm full of turkey, wearing my elasticated-waist pants, relaxing now the kids and grands have gone home or to a hockey game. It was a glorious day, and we gave thanks for everything we have. We're so lucky.

For those celebrating tomorrow, hope yours is as good as mine was. And for our US friends, you have yours to look forward to next month and may you all have as much to be thankful for.

Gotta say best part of Thanksgiving (for the cook anyway)...left overs !!! Sometimes after preparing and supervising the feast I 'm just not that hungry,go figure

However the next day.. when the crowd has thinned.. there is nothing like a perfectly constructed turkey sandwich :)

White bread :eek::D..turkey ,little mayo. little cranberry sauce, layer of stuffing...oh the carbs ..oh the bliss.:D Anyone else enjoy left overs too ???

Just had turkey/cranberry sandwiches, froze a bunch of meat for later, and now the beast is in the pot turning into some very fragrant turkey soup. The house smells almost as good today as it did yesterday. Gotta love turkey!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The last of the family just left. Had 19 for dinner including the 6 grandkids. Pumpkin soup, turkey, cranberry sauce and all the fixings. Pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Delicious and yes lots of leftovers.

Well its over for another year. I have less than 3 weeks to get ready for the Statendam.

Ruth -not true bathing suit weather.

Told ya! ------->

It was so warm that we ate our dinner on the screened in porch. My son even went swimming. Unbelievable how warm it was.

:D I knew you northeners are a hardy stock!

:D I knew you northeners are a hardy stock!

I know how you mean this Ruth, but I live only one degree of latitude north of you at 42 degrees, 15 minutes of latitude. Warwick is at 41. Indeed, where I am, the USA is actually NORTH of me!! (as well as south of course). Just a funny stat for this Thanksgiving thread. Must have been all that turkey making me want to post this!!

Hi, Superoma - when I explain our strange geography down here by Detroit I grab a phone book - point to the area code maps, draw a line through us from Boston to Eureka California.

But I've pretty much given up explaining why my garden has 6a/b hardiness, like someplace way further south. "It's magic" works pretty well.

I guess we're both just touchy Canadians - wanting to explain the Great White North isn't all that North, or even that snowy White :rolleyes: Or maybe, I'd better just "speak for myself"!

i grew up right across the border from Canada (near Buffalo/Fort Erie) and went to college in Michigan; I traveled back and forth between home and school through southern Ontario. That area is farther south than most of our northern states. I love visiting Canada and always thought it was great being right on the border! I was there so often growing up that it didn't seem like I was visiting another country. Recently when I was at home, I wanted to go to Canada, but I forgot my passport! :eek:

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Archived