Holdem tournaments. which line does them?

gourmet guide

Are holdem tournaments common? my relative was on an RCI cruise last month and there was a tournament with nightly heats and a final. is this common?

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO gouret guide: I think most cruise lines have them and they are fairly common. Same with Black Jack tournaments.

Are holdem tournaments common? my relative was on an RCI cruise last month and there was a tournament with nightly heats and a final. is this common?

Poker tournaments are almost guaranteed to happen, and they are also guaranteed to be push-fests. You start out super short-stacked, and the levels are short. There is no skill involved; you have to be ready to shove with your AJo and hope you run good; otherwise, you will just get blinded out.

Poker tournaments are almost guaranteed to happen, and they are also guaranteed to be push-fests. You start out super short-stacked, and the levels are short. There is no skill involved; you have to be ready to shove with your AJo and hope you run good; otherwise, you will just get blinded out.

Guess it depends.....my daughter and son-in-laws (2) have either won or come in second on all four of our last cruises. Even with a streak of "luck" I doubt that they would have faired that well? And there were at least 3-4 really great players on each of the above cruises.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived