Family suite and inside stateroom

camlev

Next summer are we taking a cruise. We are 9 people in the ages from 9 months to 83 years. 7 of us are going to stay in the Family suite and 2 in an inside (my DS and his girlfriend, both 19).

Will they be allowed to use the priority check in and use other perk things that we get with the suite? We can't stay in the suite all of use, so this will be the best solution because the can have a stateroom close to us.

From the rule book - no they won´t be llowed any of the Suite perks regardless of reservations being linked or not.

Actually I always wonder about that linking reservations advice, as it has nothing to do with perks. I´ve stayed in Suites and my reservation was linked with like 6 other cabins of friends and of course they didn´t get any perks.

Anyway the deal at check-in and onboard might vary from the rule book. Depending on the shore people they might be able to join you in the suite check-in line. The same goes for priority seating in the roped off areas, but they also might be strict about that.

I would talk to someone onboard and explain your situation, but there are no guarantees.

Another possible solution is this: if the inside cabin is close to the family suite, put two of your other children in there, instead of the 19yos (assuming you are travelling with additional older children, not under 10). Minor children travelling with you who are not actually inside the suite will still get the benefits of the suite. (Or just put a younger child in with your 19yo son and put the 19yo gf in the suite. Then you will only have to ask permission for 1, not 2 people. They can sleep where they want) And make sure your reservations are linked for dining purposes.

I don't think check-in will be a problem but other suite perks could be a problem if the 19yos are in the inside.

Thank all of you for your help.

Putting in other childs in the inside is not working. They are only 9 months and 3 years old ;)

So I think we have to explain it when we are onboard and see what will happen.

Thank all of you for your help.

Putting in other childs in the inside is not working. They are only 9 months and 3 years old ;)

So I think we have to explain it when we are onboard and see what will happen.

You could book your husband in the inside with the 3yo. Remember, this is just for accounting purposes. They do not really have to sleep in the inside; the 19yos will.

You could book your husband in the inside with the 3yo. Remember, this is just for accounting purposes. They do not really have to sleep in the inside; the 19yos will.

OK, thank you for your help, we try that

I would not do that. The 19 yos might or might not be granted the perks, but they actually might or might not be interested in them anyway. However you certainly don´t want to be split up with your DH. It will be the same for him in the inside. No perks from the rule book and you will depend on the grace of the staff onboard. Not sure you will want to risk those perks for yourself and DH.

I would not do that. The 19 yos might or might not be granted the perks, but they actually might or might not be interested in them anyway. However you certainly don´t want to be split up with your DH. It will be the same for him in the inside. No perks from the rule book and you will depend on the grace of the staff onboard. Not sure you will want to risk those perks for yourself and DH.

Maybe it's better I put my old mother, 83 years in there with the 3 year old. My mother is not drinking alcohol so that perk don't do anything if she missing that.

Maybe it's better I put my old mother, 83 years in there with the 3 year old. My mother is not drinking alcohol so that perk don't do anything if she missing that.

Yes I´d rather do that, than DH. Just keep in mind she might not be able to join you in the CL then.

As for the alcohol, I´m not sure they will serve the 19yo´s alcohol in the CL, regardless what cabin they will be in.

BTW, and I´m absolutely not sure about this, but I think you have to keep one person from the original booking in the cabin, so I´m not sure you could shuffle around both from the inside.:confused:

When we do a GS/non-GS combination, I always put my husband in the 2nd room and my adult son with me, as my minor children are allowed the perks as they are travelling with us. It has never been a problem. You aren't 'split up'; you still sleep where you want. Get extra room cards on board.

btw what is this 'rule book' of which you speak?

Check with your TA to see if there are any fees involved with switching.

Archived