Lawn Club Grill Question

Spf12

My wife and I will be on the Nov 6 Silhouette cruise out of cape liberty and trying to find out if the dining area is heated.Lawn club has dinner openings for Nov 7.Could still be chilly. Any comments?

I haven´t noticed any heaters on our Silhouette cruise. In fact, on our chilly days out of Hamburg no one was there in the Lawn Club Grill until we reached warm waters a couple of days later.

I would wait another day or two.

The Lawn Club is protected on 3 sides by plexiglass walls and the heat from the grills(on the 4th side)should help the tables closer to them. We ate there twice on our med cruise a couple of weeks ago. If the temp is VERY cool I might wait a day or two but if around 55-70F I wouldn't worry about it. Wind is not a factor because of the the plexiglass.

WE LOVED the Lawn Club!

My wife and I will be on the Nov 6 Silhouette cruise out of cape liberty and trying to find out if the dining area is heated.Lawn club has dinner openings for Nov 7.Could still be chilly. Any comments?

According to a review by Linda Garrison titled "Celebrity Silhouette - Cruise Ship Tour" http://cruises.about.com/b/2011/10/04/celebrity-silhouette.htm there are small heaters in the area. Here is the quote from the review: "The Lawn Club Grill has small overhead heaters, which will come in handy on cool nights. The ship also provides blankets to wrap up in if it's windy or cold. The space is somewhat protected by glass walls, but it could get cool or hot depending on the weather, so dress appropriately. Casual dress is welcomed, but no swimsuits." Go here for the full review: http://cruises.about.com/od/Celebrity-Silhouette/ss/Celebrity-Silhouette-Dining_2.htm

According to a review by Linda Garrison titled "Celebrity Silhouette - Cruise Ship Tour" http://cruises.about.com/b/2011/10/04/celebrity-silhouette.htm there are small heaters in the area. Here is the quote from the review: "The Lawn Club Grill has small overhead heaters, which will come in handy on cool nights. The ship also provides blankets to wrap up in if it's windy or cold. The space is somewhat protected by glass walls, but it could get cool or hot depending on the weather, so dress appropriately. Casual dress is welcomed, but no swimsuits." Go here for the full review: http://cruises.about.com/od/Celebrity-Silhouette/ss/Celebrity-Silhouette-Dining_2.htm

Yes, I remember seeing those heaters now....

I would hope by the evening of the 7th we should be getting into warmer waters..

We are undecided about the Lawn Club- we can grill all we want at home with top grade Nebraska beef and if it's so chilly I need to wrap in a blanket, then forget it:confused:

Bev

I would hope by the evening of the 7th we should be getting into warmer waters..

We are undecided about the Lawn Club- we can grill all we want at home with top grade Nebraska beef and if it's so chilly I need to wrap in a blanket, then forget it:confused:

Bev

A lot of things we pay to do on the ship can be done at home. But we still enjoy doing them on the ship. A nice warm blanket just adds to the memorable experience. I thought you folks from Nebraska were tough.. :rolleyes:

Bev

It's very much an "interactive" experience. You help make the flatbread...crust and all.... IF you want to help grill you can, you don't have to..... the staff makes it a very fun evening for all... we went twice...I didn't see anyone leaving that looked unhappy, quite the opposite frankly... My DH is our "grillmaster" and he had a blast with the crew....

Why are you pondering about this? Don't book it for this cruise. November can be really cold. Often there is snow or very cold winds along the east coast. It's always colder at sea than on land. I'd reserve a spot near the inside pool not outside on this cruise. If you wanted a warm outside type cruise, you should have flown south. Silhouette from NYC in the winter. I get chills just thinking about it. You will be inside for a lot of this trip.

I beg to differ with the previous post. It never snows that early in November in NJ. It can be chilly and blustery though so you may want to wait a day or 2 till you get to warmer waters if you're unsure or think you will be too cold.

Archived