question on Millenniun dining

lilpepper

Is Select dining available on all Celebrity ships? I am looking into booking on the Millennium for an Alaska cruise and it just lists traditional dining at 8:30 PM. Would this be because the port departures are so late for this itinerary?

Thanks for any info :)

Is Select dining available on all Celebrity ships? I am looking into booking on the Millennium for an Alaska cruise and it just lists traditional dining at 8:30 PM. Would this be because the port departures are so late for this itinerary?

Thanks for any info :)

Hi, yes it is offered on all the ships.

We used Select dining for the first time earlier this year on the Millie and loved it. We never had to wait for a table and got to meet a lot of people by asking to sit a large table each night. It's especially nice when you have a port intensive cruise and want to make the most of each day.

I went out a couple of weeks for the same tour and this is what I found in the dining selection:

Traditional Dining

Traditional Dining offers a pre-determined seating time in the Main Dining Room for guests who wish to be seated at the same time every evening.

For AquaClassSM stateroom guests onboard Solstice Class ships, Traditional Dining includes dining in Blu.

Simply choose from the available times indicated. You may also request "Wait List" for a desired time.

06:00 PM Unavailable

08:30 PM

Celebrity Select Dining

Offering the option to be seated any time the Main Dining Room is open, Celebrity Select Dining means there is no schedule to follow, only your heart and appetite. (Prepaid gratuities will automatically be included your reservation.)

You may also request "Wait List" for this option.

On the cruise I am looking to book, it states:

Dining Preferences

Traditional Dining

Traditional Dining offers a pre-determined seating time in the Main Dining Room for guests who wish to be seated at the same time every evening.

For AquaClassSM stateroom guests onboard Solstice Class ships, Traditional Dining includes dining in Blu.

Simply choose from the available times indicated. You may also request "Wait List" for a desired time.

08:30 PM

Add me to a waiting list: Cel Slct

So I guess that the Select is wait list only. I'm afraid that if we have to dine at 8:30, that might be a deal breaker. It doesn't even list a 6PM option.

Does anyone have any luck with being on the wait list for select dining? Are folks usually accommodated?

Thanks

Archived