Sincere Apology From the Sunshine State

RMM34667

I am so sorry for all the cruisers who have traveled to our normally sunny state this weekend. Hopefully as you sail away the sun with breakthrough you are graced with a beautiful rainbow. Wishing all smooth seas ahead.

Yours truly,

Florida Resident

I can empathize with you. I was local chair for a national conference in Myrtle Beach in March, normally very nice weather and we really promoted that for everyone coming from non-beachy/colder areas. Of course, it turned cold and rained most of that week and then once conference was over, got warm and sunny again! I felt so bad for those coming expecting good weather and time on the beach! At least those coming to Florida got to get away from the nasty weather! Nothing we can do about Mother Nature!

I am so sorry for all the cruisers who have traveled to our normally sunny state this weekend. Hopefully as you sail away the sun with breakthrough you are graced with a beautiful rainbow. Wishing all smooth seas ahead.

Yours truly,

Florida Resident

We took your sun this week!!!! :D

It was 85º here today...I was on THE BEACH...IN THE OCEAN :eek:

Oct 9th in Maine :eek:

Man, what a great weekend this was!!!! :)

Yes it looks like your rain has prevented the Disney Dream and Carnival Sensation from leaving on time. The Freedom of the Seas got out on time it looks like. That is at Port Canavaral.

Rain won't stop a ship. There must be more going on. My ship sailed into Canaveral yesterday morning. We spent the night on a slow boat to China:D coming up the Florida coast in 12' waves. We had to miss a stop at NCL's private Island the day before because we couldn't tender in. We could have driven faster than that:eek: So maybe the seas are still rough. The ship that went out was bigger than these.

Gotta go and get back to the cam.

Rain won't stop a ship. There must be more going on. My ship sailed into Canaveral yesterday morning. We spent the night on a slow boat to China:D coming up the Florida coast in 12' waves. We had to miss a stop at NCL's private Island the day before because we couldn't tender in. We could have driven faster than that:eek: So maybe the seas are still rough. The ship that went out was bigger than these.

Looks like fog coming in now. OOOHHH NOOOO

I KNOW !!! MA is warmer than Miami today !!! The beach looked like the middle of summer on Cape Cod. It must have been at least 85 on the beach and people were SWIMMING !!! A few days ago we had the heat on in the morning.

Will they sail out of there at night in questionable weather. I mean is it safe?

Depends on the weather, if it settles down some they will get out and not have issues. If the weather continues to create heavy seas they may not.

WOW.. I've experienced your Maine waters.. (I am a NE'nder) Mid Summer York Beach or Casco Bay bone aching cold.. Can't imagine October!

Will they sail out of there at night in questionable weather. I mean is it safe?

No its not safe. I dock my boat at the nearby marina and that channel is not big enough for me.:eek::D

A cruise ship could get knocked to one of the sides so I bet they will not be allowed to leave.I can see the ocean from my window here and its bad.

It was the high winds that caused the delay at Port Canaveral.

Yours truly,

Florida Resident

thank you. could you please have good weather for us next week!!

Am I lost here? How does this relate to the OP???:confused:

The unplanned weather. We are supposed to give travelers sunny skies and warm weather, NOT a cyclonic wet depression.

The other post was also referring to their unplanned cold spell, not their usual weather for that area.

Archived