Holy cow! Airfare prices!

Sherry H

How can you check air fares on the Hal website?????

You basically go in and do a search on the cruise you wish, fill it all the way through until you get the option to select if you want air, then you can fill in the airports you need to fly out of and you can see how much the airfare willl be

Because the flights were booked so long ago, I incorrectly thought we were on 2 separate flights - SD - IAH and IAH-FLL. Just curious, if that were the case, instead of the "direct" flight we were actually on, would skipping the San Diego to Houston flight still have voided the reservation?
Probably, unless you booked two separate tickets for the two flights - but then you wouldn't now be on one "direct" flight.

If you have a single itinerary which contains more than one flight (whether it's two connecting flights in the same direction, or a round-trip itinerary), and you fail to show for any flight in the itinerary, you are at serious risk of all subsequent flights in the itinerary being automatically cancelled.

This can even happen to people who are simply suffering disruption. For example, someone who's booked SAN-IAH-FLL and FLL-IAH-SAN might arrive at SAN to find that the SAN-IAH flight's been cancelled. The airline works hard to get them to FLL by another route, but accidentally fails to flag up what's happening. Then, when they check in at FLL for the return flight, they find that their FLL-IAH-SAN flights have been automatically cancelled because they failed to show up for the IAH-FLL flight on the outbound itinerary. Such a passenger should have the rest of their itinerary protected, of course, but accidents happen. So it's safest to assume that if you deliberately miss a flight, this will happen to you too.

How did you do that? I went to HAL's site and can't see how to check airfares. Guess my ignorance is showing.

SherryH, I just went into Hal's website and did a booking like I was going to book a trip for myself. You just close out of it after you find out what the price of air is. It doesn't make any difference what cabin you choose because you are not booking the trip, just checking the airfare prices. It is one of the last few steps before reserving the trip. Good Luck.

Archived