Parking in Jacksonville ?

BananaAnna

While checking out port today man approached us re: parking elsewhere. Says he has new Carnival parking contract, is $5 a day including shuttle to/from port, can get us on ship by 9:30 AND that parking at J'ville port has increased to $20 a day.

I don't believe him on most counts but wanted to check with the professionals here :). Any truth to his claims?

Thanks!

copy and pasted from Jaxport(dot)com:

Parking Information

Parking is $15 per day per passenger vehicle ($60 for a 4-day cruise and $75 for a 5-day cruise), and $25 per day for oversized recreational vehicles ($100 for a 4-day cruise and $125 for a 5-day cruise). An oversized recreational vehicle is any vehicle that takes up more than one regular sized parking space. Cash or major credit cards are accepted. The parking lot is well lighted, fenced and patrolled by JAXPORT security 24 hours per day. The lot is located adjacent to the terminal building, requiring only a short walk. No reservations are required for parking.

would highly doubt the other claims as well.... Someone lying that much, I do not feel could be trusted with my vehicle

Thanks for the input all - I guess him declaring he was part of Carnival (but no Carnival signage) and that the port costs $20/day (their website says $15) is just making me a bit leery. If perchance we use him I'll report back.

Thanks for the input all - I guess him declaring he was part of Carnival (but no Carnival signage) and that the port costs $20/day (their website says $15) is just making me a bit leery. If perchance we use him I'll report back.

Somebody lying to you flat out like that just trying to drum up some business would make me leary too.

Sailed out of Jacksonville 3 times, I always found their parking lots to be extremely easy to get into, extraordinarily spacious and well protected.

Hey it is only your car....

I know I am always willing to take chances with it's security to save a few $$$. ;)

That is a few more drinks on your cruise.

Bill

While checking out port today man approached us re: parking elsewhere. Says he has new Carnival parking contract, is $5 a day including shuttle to/from port, can get us on ship by 9:30 AND that parking at J'ville port has increased to $20 a day.

I don't believe him on most counts but wanted to check with the professionals here :). Any truth to his claims?

Thanks!

If someone "approached" me, I would definitely not use their facility. However, we found out about JaxParkandCruise on cruise critic and have been very pleased.

Thanks to research on cruise critic we have found great parking places in jacksonville (used the port parking in the past, so glad for the reduction in cost) and New Orleans. using a facility in November in Miami, so will post if it is satisfactory.

Shirley

Archived