Venice-MC Voyager 9/29/11 quick review

bissel

Just a few quick notes on our Venice-Monte Carlo Voyager cruise which we dis-embarked from yesterday.

This was a wonderful cruise, one of the best we have taken. John McNeill was the Captain, Jamie Logan cruise director. The ship came out of drydock a couple of weeks ago and looks good. Not much difference that I could tell bit they have enlarged the coffee connection space which is nice.

The food was mostly wonderful, some exceptions however. This is not unlike earlier cruises we have had.

The excursion process seemed to run smoother than in the past but we have not changed our opinion that included excursions are for us unwelcome. Most people seem to have little complaint so I'm sure this will not change. We will try to continue to arrange either privately, do our own or pay extra for smaller outings.

There were many first timers on this cruise and most people were quite happy with the whole experience it seemed to us.

For us the entertainment was the best part. There was a quartet of opera singers who performed many times throughout the cruise and their voices were lovely. To be in Sorrento on deck in the evening listening to Verdi and Puccini being sung live by these talented singers was a priceless delight. We attended every performance of theirs and were thrilled to have the opportunity to hear them. Apparently they are booked on another cruise in 2012 from London in September and we are considering booking that just to hear them again!

The troupe of singers and dancers led by Sean Coughlin was also very special. They were accomplished and talented young people and were a delight to see and hear. The Ukranian pianist gave only one performance since he boarded late in the cruise but we enjoyed what we did hear.

A few more thoughts. Some people complained bitterly about the aft vibration.

Ship board credits could not be applied to the crew welfare fund as they are "non-refundable in cash" so the charge will appear on your ending statement.

The DVD provided (for $30) at the end of the cruise is great! Nice touch!

This was a super vacation for us as we spent 2 weeks prior to the cruise in Rome and Florence. We felt we had the best of both worlds in being immersed in those cities and then having a relaxed time on the ship with not having to take long excursions. (The Etruscan excursion was interesting. We opted for this instead of going into Rome and the Lucca was a lovely outing instead of going into Florence.

This made us wish it was easier to get to Italy as it is a difficult slog to get home. What a country!!

Good comments! thank you.

If you want to get to Italy easier - come and live here in Martigny. We can 8and do) drive to Italy in under an hour... 5 hours to Lucca. 3 and a half to Genova. And two-plus to Milan. Quality of life is great too... (In Martigny, I mean!!)

Good comments! thank you.

If you want to get to Italy easier - come and live here in Martigny. We can 8and do) drive to Italy in under an hour... 5 hours to Lucca. 3 and a half to Genova. And two-plus to Milan. Quality of life is great too... (In Martigny, I mean!!)

Hambagahle, my 3 years in Europe was 30 years too short.

I'm glad the information was helpful. I wanted to "give back" to all those who have provided us with much valuable information on this board.

We are making our plans to move to Martigny in the near future and see more Croatia too!

Archived