Moorea

need2travel

We're thinking of taking the Circle Island Tour in Moorea and are wondering if they make frequent stops for taking photos? Is there a commentary?

Thank you very much.

Belvedere Point will be on the list. Our circle tour stopped at the juice factory, tiki village (for the concert) and Belvedere Point. Check the shorex itinerary this may differ among cruiselines. Commentaries are a normal feature of shorex.

If you are able to drive, it's MUCH better just to rent a car and drive around. You can't get lost, you can avoid the tour buses, you can get the best light for photos by working out where the sun will be, setting off before dawn etc. You stop where you want to stop, not where the tour companies want to stop - often at some retail place where they take a cut. I'd only consider a tour in seriously remote or difficult places, like Papua New Guinea.

• 5 weeks later...

We took a 4 x 4 at the dock. For us, we prefer a guided tour and their commentaries. For example, we stopped at a Marae in Moorea which was much more meaningful with the guide to describe what we were seeing. It is all personal preference.

I always took a guide book with me to all our ports, just in case we were without narration.

Archived