Open passage - Constellation

Whitechapel girl

I've just come back from Connie and booked onboard an "open passage". I've gone to book a cruise today using the open passage - a 10 night Caribbean cruise. My TA says Celebrity says the OBC is $150 not the $200 I thought it was. Help? Whose right? I don't want to make a fuss but I really thought it was $200 OBC. I did not keep the flyer from the cruise to prove this.

I've just come back from Connie and booked onboard an "open passage". I've gone to book a cruise today using the open passage - a 10 night Caribbean cruise. My TA says Celebrity says the OBC is $150 not the $200 I thought it was. Help? Whose right? I don't want to make a fuss but I really thought it was $200 OBC. I did not keep the flyer from the cruise to prove this.

10 nights is 200 bucks....I always purchase a couple of passages

when I sail and I just used one as well for a 10 nighter in 2012 and

I am getting 200.00. Your TA is mistaken. The flyer? The copy of the

Passage is the booking number you will use for the specific cruise.

You didn't keep it? Anyway, it is 200.00 for 10 nights. I always keep

the copy of the Passage even after I get the actual booking paperwork.

I can't help with your query .. but good on you for booking another cruise, Wendy! :) Enjoy!

Hi, nice to hear from you, it won't be until March 2013 - a special birthday with an 0 in it !!! Its something to look forward to and who knows we may be able to fit another one in next summer!!!

Hi, nice to hear from you, it won't be until March 2013 - a special birthday with an 0 in it !!! Its something to look forward to and who knows we may be able to fit another one in next summer!!!

Ha! Nice to hear from you, too! I have one of those birthdays next year as well, and it has resulted in a Silhouette cruise in July! :)

I have a question: I purchased an Open Passage in April, 2008 while onboard the Galaxy. The value on the certificate is on an ascending scale according the the dollar value of the cruise that you purchase with the certificate. I understand that Celebrity has changed back to the length of the cruise value instead of the dollar value of the cruise. I have been unable to cruise for the past 3 years and just used the certificate this weekend when I booked an April sailing. The dollar value redemption would only result in a $100.00 OBC while the length of cruise value redemption would result in a $300.00 OBC. Anybody want to venture a guess on whether the certificate will be redeemed by Celebrity in cruise dollar value or length of cruise value? :confused:

I have a question: I purchased an Open Passage in April, 2008 while onboard the Galaxy. The value on the certificate is on an ascending scale according the the dollar value of the cruise that you purchase with the certificate. I understand that Celebrity has changed back to the length of the cruise value instead of the dollar value of the cruise. I have been unable to cruise for the past 3 years and just used the certificate this weekend when I booked an April sailing. The dollar value redemption would only result in a $100.00 OBC while the length of cruise value redemption would result in a $300.00 OBC. Anybody want to venture a guess on whether the certificate will be redeemed by Celebrity in cruise dollar value or length of cruise value? :confused:

This is a fantastic question!!!!

I am impressed.

You bought the Passage right in the short window when OBC was based on cost of cruise not length of cruise. I remember that time well.

I had about 5 of them with the same problem as you. If they decide to go by the letter of the law at the time of purchase of the passage you will get $100. But I am almost willing to bet that they will consider the cruise as being purchased this weekend and will go by the length of cruise and give you $300. A good TA should fight this one for you. Mine did and I got the higher amount. I would love to hear the resolution of this one as it is so tantalizing to me.

I don't want to post my email address on the board and am leaving for 70 days of cruising on Wednesday but I need to hear the result somehow.

Please let us know.

BTW if anyone has Passages from prior to 2008 (I still have about 10) you are Grandfathered into the Combinability Rule. You CAN COMBINE the OBC from the Passage with the Shareholder Credit and even more OBC from the TA making for a "triple dip" like the old days.

I hope this works out for you.

EMIL

Hi Tinkerbellcgy,

This is strictly a guess, but I would hope Celebrity would extend the higher value, as the dollar amount option was only offered for a brief period of time, and no longer exists. Of course, they can go by the language on the certificate and deny the higher value - it's a tough call.

As you've already booked, the OBC should be associated with your booking. Call Celebrity (or have your TA call if you booked via a TA), and ask them to email a Guest copy of your booking. You can see what amount has been credited before you go any further.

If it's the lower amount, I'd contact Celebrity or your TA, and ask them to allow the higher OBC. You have nothing to lose by asking. I hope it works out for you. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hi Tinkerbellcgy,

This is strictly a guess, but I would hope Celebrity would extend the higher value, as the dollar amount option was only offered for a brief period of time, and no longer exists. Of course, they can go by the language on the certificate and deny the higher value - it's a tough call.

As you've already booked, the OBC should be associated with your booking. Call Celebrity (or have your TA call if you booked via a TA), and ask them to email a Guest copy of your booking. You can see what amount has been credited before you go any further.

If it's the lower amount, I'd contact Celebrity or your TA, and ask them to allow the higher OBC. You have nothing to lose by asking. I hope it works out for you. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Schnookle wrote:

This is a fantastic question!!!!

I am impressed.

You bought the Passage right in the short window when OBC was based on cost of cruise not length of cruise. I remember that time well.

I had about 5 of them with the same problem as you. If they decide to go by the letter of the law at the time of purchase of the passage you will get $100. But I am almost willing to bet that they will consider the cruise as being purchased this weekend and will go by the length of cruise and give you $300. A good TA should fight this one for you. Mine did and I got the higher amount. I would love to hear the resolution of this one as it is so tantalizing to me.

I don't want to post my email address on the board and am leaving for 70 days of cruising on Wednesday but I need to hear the result somehow.

Please let us know.

BTW if anyone has Passages from prior to 2008 (I still have about 10) you are Grandfathered into the Combinability Rule. You CAN COMBINE the OBC from the Passage with the Shareholder Credit and even more OBC from the TA making for a "triple dip" like the old days.

I hope this works out for you.

EMIL

I booked my cruise this past Saturday and today, Tuesday, I just did a price check and noticed that there is a reduction of $210.00 in my category. I placed a call to Celebrity and, of course, I was granted the reduction. While on the call with the Celebrity rep, I mentioned that I booked this reservation with an Open Passage booking and enquired what my OBC would be. He stated that it was going to be $300.00. I did not have to beg nor plead nor do a jig while standing on my head in the corner to get the $300.00 instead of the $100.00. I sure am glad that it was a most pleasant experience. I'm one happy camper tonight!

Very happy that things worked out favorably.

Justice was served!!!

EMIL

Archived