Just booked our first cruise!

shoppingfever

We have been around reading the boards for a couple of years, always dreaming of going on a cruise. We had decided we would leave from Charleston for a cruise next summer but after reading EMc&DrS's review HERE we booked a cruise on Dream for June 23, aft wrap 6479!

We have already booked our Roatan excursion with Victor Bodden and requested Tex. We also booked Maya Chan for Costa Maya.

I am so excited to continue planning with all the great posts here.

Now I have to go figure out insurance!

Thanks everyone from a one time lurker who is now ready to jump in with everyone else!

Have a great time and welcome to the cruising addiction!

We booked a cruise in 2006 as a "once in a lifetime" trip. We never really vacationed much other than trips to a cabin at a state park. My husband was pretty sure he'd hate it, but agreed to go because I wanted to.

A few days into the cruise, we both realized we hadn't stopped smiling since we set foot on the ship. We were booked for our second within a few weeks of coming home and now 10 cruises later can't wait for the next one! :D It's complete relaxation for me. No cooking, cleaning, no worries about the budget for eating out. And something about the sea just brings a wonderful peace to my soul. :)

We have been around reading the boards for a couple of years, always dreaming of going on a cruise. We had decided we would leave from Charleston for a cruise next summer but after reading EMc&DrS's review HERE we booked a cruise on Dream for June 23, aft wrap 6479!

We have already booked our Roatan excursion with Victor Bodden and requested Tex. We also booked Maya Chan for Costa Maya.

Thanks everyone from a one time lurker who is now ready to jump in with everyone else!

Wow! Congratulations! You certainly did it right! You've been doing your homework!!!

Welcome aboard and lurk no more!!!

:D

You are gonna' LOVE IT! Love it, love it, love it! You might even become addicted like a lot of us already are!

:p:p

Welcome! I can't wait to hear how much you like it! You are about to become "untouchable" by the "outside world"..enjoy...:D

-Stephanie

YAY for YOU!!!! I just got home on Saturday off the Elation and it was FIVE years between cruises!!! I can promise it won't be that long between the next one! Plus, it helps that my GF was with me on her first cruise and LOVED IT....so we are now addicted together! I already emailed my PVP today to ask about future cruises to take our four kids with us within the next year!!!! You are sooooo gonna love it...and like a previous poster said..you will NOT stop smiling the whole time. Prepare for a whole new kind of vacation.

BTW, I've been to Roatan...BEAUTIFUL and still remains my favorite port!!!! It truly is a paradise! If you have extra time and don't get there, I suggest Tabyana Beach....the absolute most beautiful beach and snorkeling I've ever seen...PERIOD.

Congrats!!! You are going to become addicted!! I still get just as excited about boarding as I did my very first cruise!! It's nothing like being out in the ocean!! You booked the right cabin also:) Let the countdown start!!

I am shocked that you already booked your excursions!! WOW!! I still can't determine what I want to do this time out!!

Congrats! You will have a blast! I loved Roatan and our guide, Hanno, with Victor Bodden tours. We haven't done the Western itinerary in awhile. I miss that island.

You are definitely traveling in style, I haven't sailed in an aft cabin yet.

I'm excited for you.

OP, my first thought was how you had the willpower not to book for 2 years after reading all the posts. There are currently some reviews on here that make booking completely irresistible !

Welcome to our addiction !

Enjoy your cruise and we expect a review ! ;)

When you are looking for insurance be aware that if you obtain the insurance within a certain number of days (usually a week to 10 days) after making your deposit you are covered for pre-existing conditions under some policies. This includes those of family members at home for some companies. If that might be a concern of yours it makes sense to get the insurance before too many days go by.

We, too, talked about cruising for years before booking our first one and we've been on at least one a year since. Congrats and enjoy!!

Yes, welcome to your new addiction ! You are going to LOVE it ! AND, I see you're starting out with an aft wrap :) congrats ! We're two weeks out from our 5th cruise and our first aft wrap. Well, I sincerely hope you enjoy your first one as much as we did - happy sailing !!

You are in for a treat. We sailed for the first time in 2006. I could not get over the vacation value. We have now sailed with several companies. Carnival is still my favorite.

You will find that when you return home, you will have "cruise ship withdrawals". You will have to prepare your own meals; make your own bed; clean your own dishes. Then you will race to the phone, and book another cruise vacation.

OP, you have definitely been lurking and soaking in a lot of good info. from quite a few seasoned cruisers here. We took our first cruise in '96 for our honeymoon and have been hooked every since. Our last one took us to beautiful Roatan where we had a magnificent day with Victor Boddens as well, and we really enjoyed Cozumel "again", but this last visit was sooo fun!!

Here's to your excited anticipation and hoping you have a FUNtastic vacation!! Please let us know how it was when you return! :D

Archived