transportation from Brooklyn

Nrknits

I posted this on east coast departures, but wanted to post it here, since it Princess and some of you may have had a similar situation and can offer the best advice.

We are looking at a transatlantic cruise on Princess. It starts in London and ends in Brooklyn. We live in upstate NY (Binghamton). We are looking at flying out of Binghamton to London and so are trying to figure out how to get home from NY. We could cab to port authority and take a bus (not my first choice), we called a limo company locally - $500 ugh. So we'd love any other suggestions you might have, or would love to hear from anyone who has done this. Can you rent a car at the Brooklyn terminal? Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

I posted this on east coast departures, but wanted to post it here, since it Princess and some of you may have had a similar situation and can offer the best advice.

We are looking at a transatlantic cruise on Princess. It starts in London and ends in Brooklyn. We live in upstate NY (Binghamton). We are looking at flying out of Binghamton to London and so are trying to figure out how to get home from NY. We could cab to port authority and take a bus (not my first choice), we called a limo company locally - $500 ugh. So we'd love any other suggestions you might have, or would love to hear from anyone who has done this. Can you rent a car at the Brooklyn terminal? Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

I paid about $125.00 for a limo from Brooklyn to LGA.

Hugh

There's no rental car option at the pier, but perhaps a rental company might come pick you up (doesn't one advertise that very thing?).

What about the train-- does Amtrak go to Binghamton? I've cabbed it from the pier to Penn Station and it was quick and easy; plus Princess offers a transfer option by bus to Penn and I think also to Grand Central -- not as quick, but easy.

Hope this helps a little.

Please look at possible solution I've posted on your other thread...flying from EWR to Wilkes Barre/Scranton, or Jet Blue from JFK to Syracuse.

Unfortunately, the poster who paid $125 to get from the pier to LGA got taken for a ride. You can book that trip for about $50 with a reputable car service. It should cost about $75-80 plus tolls and tip to get to EWR.

I paid about $125.00 for a limo from Brooklyn to LGA.

Hugh

was this one of the limos contracted by the pier? The going rate for Arecibo-a local car service.. from the pier to LGA is about $40.

do you have a receipt? If you do let me know and I'll help you with a complaint,,,

was this one of the limos contracted by the pier? The going rate for Arecibo-a local car service.. from the pier to LGA is about $40.

do you have a receipt? If you do let me know and I'll help you with a complaint,,,

We are traveling on 10/29 from LGA to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and took your advice and called in a reservation. They quoted me a price of $33 for two people.

Thanks for the info you provided.

We are traveling on 10/29 from LGA to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and took your advice and called in a reservation. They quoted me a price of $33 for two people.

you are welcome ...tip generously!

We are hoping to fly United w/FF miles, so we are probably going out of Binghamton, they do not have any direct flights from the NY/Newark airports, they all fly thorugh Dulles, so getting transportation to a NY airport won't help us very much. We did consider leaving our car at the airport and trasporting back to it, until we found out there are no direct flights out. Thank you for all the great suggestions, if there are any more, we'd love to hear them!

• 5 weeks later...

I am checking in to say that this didn't go as we had planned it. I made my so called Reservation on October 11th, gave them my name, flight number and time of arrival. They asked for my cell phone number, so I gave that information also.

When we arrived at the airport, we got our baggage and went outside to look for our car. No car! So, I called the number for Arecibo, was on hold forever........finally got an answer and he said they were on their way. I asked where exactly to meet the car, got a dial tone.

After 10 minutes, I called the number again. Was put on hold. Finally a man answered and I again asked about our reservation. He told me they do not take reservations! I told them of my conversation on October 11th making the reservation, he asked who I spoke with and did I get a confirmation number? I said I asked for one and the man said I didn't need one that the car would be there. The man rudely said "well that is because we don't take reservations!" I said "Ok, well, what would you like me to do, wait for your car or call someone else?" He said "Call someone else!" and he hung up!!!!

So, after wasting 45 minutes with Arecibo Car Service, we promptly got a cab for $45 from LGA to Red Hook to our Caribbean Princess. Great service with the Cab!!!

No, I wouldn't recommend Arecibo...................

Archived