Breakaway - Deck Plans

js

I'd be more concerned with the fact that as these forward elevators serve the sun decks that it means the enclosed part of the ship is further back. There isn't much open deck on Epic (especially if you compare it to same size rivals RCL freedom class).

Where as the Spa is below top decks on Epic it appears to occupy a lot of what could have been open deck at the front of the ship!

To me, it looks like the spa is on 14-15 forward. Just above that, 16 forward will be the Haven complex. And on top of the Haven complex, on 17 forward, is open deck - half of which might be private for the Haven, but the other half for use as general public open deck space. I do see what you're saying though -if the elevators extend up to whatever the top/exposed deck is, the banks/elevator lobby will inevitably take up space.

Here's a shockeroony for you. $2000 for inside cabins!:eek:

Sept 1 – 8, 2013

Inside: 1038.04/person

Ocean View: 1198.04/person

Balcony: 1428.04/person

Sept 8 – 15, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Sept 15 – 22, 2013

Inside: 933.04/person

Ocean View: 1098.04/person

Sept 22 – 29, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Sept 29 – Oct 6, 2013

Inside: 983.04/person

Ocean View: 1148.04/person

Balcony: 1473.04/person

Bermuda is ALWAYS expensive but that is a tad much..... boooooooo

Bermuda is ALWAYS expensive but that is a tad much..... boooooooo

I dunno.. the pricing is confusing. My TA got initial pricing that showed may 26, 2013 starting at $899pp for an inside room. But after group booking, it almost looks like the inside room is closer priced at $750. So now I'm curious when they open up to general public what the actual pricing will be instead of all this confusion.

I dunno.. the pricing is confusing. My TA got initial pricing that showed may 26, 2013 starting at $899pp for an inside room. But after group booking, it almost looks like the inside room is closer priced at $750. So now I'm curious when they open up to general public what the actual pricing will be instead of all this confusion.

Why would NCL not have the pricing? I just don't understand why no prices.

I think if NCL put up the pricing they would have everyone trying to book early. Friday the bookings will only open up for Latitude members, not the general public. Prices can, and may, change by Monday when everyone can book.

What is the rush to open books before full deck plans, prices, and itineraries beyond the Bermuda season are available? Seems more than a bit hasty and disorganized and you know what they say happens when you make haste. Hate to think that they want people to book rooms before they are fully aware of everything they may encounter on the ship. I'd be more impressed if they had all their ducks in a row before starting to accept:rolleyes: reservations.

Maybe NCL needs our money to finish building the ship ---

You joke but those deposits will be doing just that! Well at least paying the loans. Lol..

NCL could have done this so much better.. After the cabins we could have had weekly releases of the main venues or ents before finally releasing a complete deck plan and then the itineraries and dates to book.

There won't be any more itinerary details or beyond Summer 2013 as it will fit into the same pattern as the other ships. I.e release 2013/2014 in mid 2012.

maybe they figured if they leaked outrageous prices it would throw everyone off and when you call to book the prices are average....or there is a loan that needs to re-paid and this the quikest way to pay it off>>>>:eek::p:rolleyes:

maybe they figured if they leaked outrageous prices it would throw everyone off and when you call to book the prices are average....or there is a loan that needs to re-paid and this the quikest way to pay it off>>>>:eek::p:rolleyes:

new ships cost millions of dollars to complete. One of the ways cruse lines get back some of this money is by increase fares or other onboard costs

new ships cost millions of dollars to complete. One of the ways cruse lines get back some of this money is by increase fares or other onboard costs

So quaint! ;)

I think that Breakaway is $1.2 BILLION (with a B), if I recall.

OMG with pricing:eek: Just called to book an S5 or S6 and pricing is at $10,000-$12,000 for the suite total.

I just booked today and almost fell off the chair when the very nice lady, gave me a total of almost $7,000 for 2 people on a S5 sailing on May 26. You must be going in June, July or August...

Good Morning everyone,

Will Latitudes members be able to book on line today? or do we have to call our PCC? I have never done early booking before, so I am not sure of the procedure :confused:.

Can't book online, there is no place to book online. So my guess is you have to call NCL direct or through a TA.

I just booked today and almost fell off the chair when the very nice lady, gave me a total of almost $7,000 for 2 people on a S5 sailing on May 26. You must be going in June, July or August...

You can put a Down pymt. on your own Boat for that $$! I live in the Area(Metro NY) and I don't see myself getting to sail on Breakaway as I'm relocating before she is rolled out...

Bill(DrFootball)

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”

—Steve Jobs

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

You joke but those deposits will be doing just that! Well at least paying the loans. Lol..

NCL could have done this so much better.. After the cabins we could have had weekly releases of the main venues or ents before finally releasing a complete deck plan and then the itineraries and dates to book.

There won't be any more itinerary details or beyond Summer 2013 as it will fit into the same pattern as the other ships. I.e release 2013/2014 in mid 2012.

My deposit will be a cruise rewards that I bought and paid for last year so they won't be getting any more of my money.... for now.

I think NCL is really doing themselves a disservice.

They are not releasing much more information out and information is leaking out anyway.

For example I have seen so many different prices for the same category cabins on FB, CC and probably many other cruise blogs. All very high but still all over the place for prices. They would be much better to just release the information instead of having all this possibly false information floating around. I really don't see where that is in their best interest.

And do that many people book cabins without looking at a deck plan? I mean seriously wouldn't you want to know what is above, below and around you? Would you not want to know what amenities were on board?

I don't remember much about the Epic coming to life, but is all this secrecy normal when you bring out a new ship. I don't mean before hand, I mean when they are trying to sell cabins through TAs and Latitudes already.

Got the email for Latitudes members booking open today, but still have to call someone to get the prices! I want to look at all categories, all dates, etc. And I still want to know the Breakaway itinerary for after the Bermuda season. I don't understand all the secrecy, either.

Are the prices going up on the 17th when booking opens to the public? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :(

And I do not want to work with the NCL agent they've given me! Feeling real cranky right now.:(:(

NCL has taken what would seem to be a simple process: 1. prepare and make available full deck plans, 2. prepare and publish prices and 3. reveal at least some of the special features that will mark the new ships as something people will be excited to book, and have totally messed it up. If ever there was an example of how not to run a railroad, NCL seems to have mastered the art. Hopefully the ship itself can redeem them but the total confusion and apparent lack of preparation on the part of the company and its various departments doesn't look promising. :rolleyes:

Archived