Cayo Levantado

sue7045

I just booked this excursion through RC. The excursion states we will be taken by boat to the island, but it doesn't say how long the boat ride is. Does anyone have any information on this excursion or know how long the ride is. The excursion is for 5 hours. They have a weight limit and an age limit of 80 years old, but they did make a exception and allow my dad of 82 years to book it.

Thanks for th reply. I haven't been able to find out much about this excursion. Anthing you can add will be appreciated. The excursion has a age limit of 80 and my dad is 82. They will book it for me, but do you think it is a problem for him to go? I can't imagine there will be a problem, it's only a beach day.

The terrain around the beach area is very flat. I think the age limitation is probably due to the type of boat they use to tender over. It's like a speed boat but it doesn't go fast. I don't remember it being hard to get into though. Just taking a stab as to why they would have an age limit. You will love this place. They have good food and reasonable drinks. We would go back there again in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...
Thanks. Are there alot of local selling things on the beach? I don't like when they won't leave you alone.

You won't see any venders on the beach. It's a great beach day and worth the money. You also are not limited to 5 hrs. The boat back to the ship leaves every half hr or so. You can leave when you want.

view from the ship

Cayo_Levantado.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. I was on NCL Dawn in early January 2012 stopping at Samana. Cayo Lavantado is a very simple tender ride from deck four of the ship taking approx 10 - 15 minutes. I believe they hire several 'local' tenders to go back and forth and the wait is very minimal. Just don't be one of those people standing on the steps of deck four early that morning wanting off! You will be required to go to Spinniker Lounge to receive tender time slips. But honestly there is no real need to hurry and rush off to the island right away - allow all the others to do this while you get ready and relax (thats my hint :+?)

Once there, you will find a nice gentle path off to the left heading thru some local shops going towards the beach. There is a huge bar cabana smack center of the beach w/ a set up for lunch buffet. Plenty of lounge chairs or upright chairs to sit on as you stare back at the ship ancored across the bay. Snorkel equipment for rent along with kayaks. Off to the far right is the dolphin encounter. Rest rooms were very clean and large - located several steps from the tender dock plus another 'secluded' behind the beach. Beach does not appear crowded b/c is is quite sprawling and adequately absords all the people choosing to go here. This most likely will be a free excursion offere by NCL the day PRIOR to arrival in Samana. But don't expect NCL to tell you this now....

Have fun there and remember that you are on vacation - so no worries

yes this will be offered to you as a free excursion. NCL will not let on to this prior to your arrival there but trust me it will be free to all passengers on the ship. being a not too attractive stop to samana, ncl has decided to do this.

Thank you for this info.

• 1 month later...

Archived