Disney to Port Canaveral transportation?

vickykay

Hi. Does anyone have information regarding the best way to get from Disney to the port? We will be staying a couple of days at Disney before our cruise. We can either rent a car from the airport and return it near the port or take Disney's transportation (no charge) from the airport to the resort but then need to arrange transportation to the port. Which would be the most economical? Does anyone have information regarding who would service Disney to the port? Thanks.

Vicky

Hi. Does anyone have information regarding the best way to get from Disney to the port? We will be staying a couple of days at Disney before our cruise. We can either rent a car from the airport and return it near the port or take Disney's transportation (no charge) from the airport to the resort but then need to arrange transportation to the port. Which would be the most economical? Does anyone have information regarding who would service Disney to the port? Thanks.

Vicky

I would take the magical express from the airport to the hotel (free and they even pick up your luggage from the baggage reclaim and deliver it to your room) and then arrange a DCL transfer to the port from the hotel either through your TA or direct with DCL. The DCL bus is a great way to arrive at the ship and return to either Disney or the airport at the end of your holiday, they take care of your luggage when they pick you up and the next time you see it is in your cabin.

It is also a great way to travel to the ship

David

If you are staying at one of the WDW properties you don't need a car while there. A one way car rental from WDW to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach will likely be your cheapest option.

Besides the cruiseline transfers that will run from MCO (you'd need to get back to the airport to catch that bus :(), there are several private shuttle operators often suggested on these boards:

Cocoa Beach shuttle www.cbshuttle.com

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

TraveLynx (www.travelynx.com )

Good luck! :)

Vicky

Vicky - if you will click just above my name, you will find all kinds of information plus transportation -

I would take the magical express from the airport to the hotel (free and they even pick up your luggage from the baggage reclaim and deliver it to your room) and then arrange a DCL transfer to the port from the hotel either through your TA or direct with DCL. The DCL bus is a great way to arrive at the ship and return to either Disney or the airport at the end of your holiday, they take care of your luggage when they pick you up and the next time you see it is in your cabin.

It is also a great way to travel to the ship

David

Just did the transfer from Pop Century [Disney] to RCCL [Port Canaveral]

6 of us with luggage in a stretch limo was under $150

We used Executive vip limousine and sedan service

www.executiveviplimousine.com

Just did the transfer from Pop Century [Disney] to RCCL [Port Canaveral]

6 of us with luggage in a stretch limo was under $150

We used Executive vip limousine and sedan service

www.executiveviplimousine.com

We used them to go from Pt Canaveral back to MCO last week. Very disappointed - Our driver showed up with a broken hand and was unable to assist with our luggage. What??? I thought luggage assistance was included in the limo service. :rolleyes: Good thing I had DH and DS with me - there is no way I would have been able to lift my luggage by myself. Not sure what I would have done in that case :eek: I emailed Michael at VIP and told him I thought it was inappropriate to send us a driver who could not assist with the luggage. Basically got an oh well...sorry...you can have a discount next time you use us. I don't think there will be a next time. :(

We used them to go from Pt Canaveral back to MCO last week. Very disappointed - Our driver showed up with a broken hand and was unable to assist with our luggage. What??? I thought luggage assistance was included in the limo service. :rolleyes: Good thing I had DH and DS with me - there is no way I would have been able to lift my luggage by myself. Not sure what I would have done in that case :eek: I emailed Michael at VIP and told him I thought it was inappropriate to send us a driver who could not assist with the luggage. Basically got an oh well...sorry...you can have a discount next time you use us. I don't think there will be a next time. :(

Interesting you should post this. I booked this company back last August to take some friends from WDW to the airport Hyatt (to pick up a friend and her son) and then on to the port for their cruise. He was also to meet the friend and son at the port to take them back to the airport upon return, and also pick up the other family at their hotel in Cocoa Beach the next day and return them to the airport.

The trip from WDW to the Hyatt at the airport...the driver was late arriving at the hotel, didn't know the way to the airport, and then had to stop on the way there because she had to use the restroom. The car had an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke and they had to keep the windows open the entire time.

When the car came to Cocoa Beach to get the family and return them to the airport, the car broke down on the side of the road. They had to stand there in the heat waiting for another car to pick them up. It took an extra hour to get back to the airport (thankfully they left enough time in between). While the owner did comp the return trip (as he should) the entire round trip was not what I expected, given the reviews I've read about this company. And when I emailed him my displeasure about the experiences, he never bothered to respond.

Now I'm coming into MCO next April for a cruise on Freedom of the Seas with my mom and sons. We are flying in day of, and I'll need transportation to the port. I could rent a car one way, but given that it's the Sunday before Easter, the prices are not that cheap and a car service may be a reasonable choice, and I don't have to do the hour drive myself. But I'm very, very reluctant to use this company again. My mom has trouble getting into a van (like Cocoa Beach Shuttle uses) so I'd prefer a car for the 4 of us.

Keep looking and hoping for another recommendation.

Interesting you should post this.

The car had an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke and they had to keep the windows open the entire time.

When the car came to Cocoa Beach to get the family and return them to the airport, the car broke down on the side of the road. They had to stand there in the heat waiting for another car to pick them up. It took an extra hour to get back to the airport (thankfully they left enough time in between). While the owner did comp the return trip (as he should) the entire round trip was not what I expected, given the reviews I've read about this company. And when I emailed him my displeasure about the experiences, he never bothered to not that cheap and a car service may be a reasonable choice, and I don't have to do the hour drive myself.

Keep looking and hoping for another recommendation.

J.

April 2011, my experience with VIP -Executive limo

I will have to agree with the following CC.:eek: I was disappointed in the car service too. The car reek of smoke. Older model. Promised me a stopover at Ron Jon's Surf shop on my return trip (Freedom of the Seas to Airport). They said "no can do" at the time of pick up due to other obligations:(. Also, we stayed at Disney pre-cruise so they picked us up in the same smelly car.

I must be frank and say this was not what I was expecting. I have not made a negative comment about vendors or any other suggestions I have tried on this board but feel people should be aware. I feel their prices should be lower due to their low grade cars. I have been on this board for about 5 years and this is my first below par experience with a vendor recommended on this board.

Well that's also something else that I didn't mention - trying not to be so negative but we were picked up in an older model dodge caravan. I am surprised that they get such great reviews on here. We were very disappointed!

When he replied to my email complaint, he said he couldn't get in touch with me to tell me the driver that was assigned to me weeks before had a broken hand. Really? She told me her hand was broken for over 2 weeks...I was only on my cruise for a week :rolleyes: He had my cell # and my email. And I emailed him before we left NJ to confirm - he could have used that opportunity to tell me she couldn't assist with our luggage. He went on to tell me they are family owned and have a hard time getting good help. Well I understand that, but to be honest, it's not my problem - I hired them with an expectation that they did not meet. :eek:

I am posting a letter that I received from VIPLIMO for I always try to follow up on any issues etc with folks that I have had interaction with and regardless who they are - I have address hotels, restaurants, parks, transportation since I decided that anyone and everyone coming here, needed a heads up coming into a strange town.

Now this is just for your information as it was sent to me -

thanks as always

Hugssssssssss for the day:)

Good morning Shirley,

Thanks for contacting me in regards to posted issues. I realize we all have to live up to expectations, but please take the time to read the contents listed here.

I had read the three complaints and I will attempt to answer them

one at a time. But first I want to say that neither myself or my wife

smoke cigarettes or allow smoking in any of our vehicles, in our home or anywhere around us.

I remember the breakdown last year when an isolator burned out

on a limo and I had to wait for another vehicle to get the passengers

to the airport. I did not charge this family at all for the transportation

because of the delay. As for the cigarette smell, I do not know where this comes

from unless someone was smoking who was not supposed to be.

I had already addressed this complaint 1 1/2 years ago.

As for the promise of stopping at Ron Jon, I would not make

a promise that I would not fullfill and that stop would have to

be indicated on the trip ticket. When we pick up from the Port we go to MCO or other Resorts in Orlando. Our pickups are all spaced out for those specific transfers and do not have the time to fit in any sightseeing tours.

Again, I do not allow smoking in any of my vehicles and If one

of my drivers that either drives one of my vehicles, or one of

their [farmout] vehicles is smoking within 20 feet of the vehicle,

I will never have them drive for me again and so far I haven't had that issue.

Marlene had broken her finger a couple of weeks ago but can still lift luggage. She may need help with the real big suitcases. All of her pre-books were contacted by either phone/email or text regarding her finger. In the event the customer could not assist, Marlene would have had the Porter help her.

I realize that you cannot please everyone no matter how hard you try. Sometimes things happen and we try are best to better the situation.

Marlene and I will continue to go out of our way to provide the best service that we can to all of the visitors to our area.

Sincerely,

MICHAEL AND MARLENE ROBINSON

EXECUTIVE VIP LIMOUSINE AND SEDAN SERVICE

I am posting a letter that I received from VIPLIMO for I always try to follow up on any issues etc with folks that I have had interaction with and regardless who they are - I have address hotels, restaurants, parks, transportation since I decided that anyone and everyone coming here, needed a heads up coming into a strange town.

thanks as always

Good morning Shirley,

Thanks for contacting me in regards to posted issues. I realize we all have to live up to expectations, but please take the time to read the contents listed here.

smoke cigarettes or allow smoking in any of our vehicles, in our home or anywhere around us.

because of the delay. As for the cigarette smell, I do not know where this comes

be indicated on the trip ticket. When we pick up from the Port we go to MCO or other Resorts in Orlando. Our pickups are all spaced out for those specific transfers and do not have the time to fit in any sightseeing tours.

Marlene had broken her finger a couple of weeks ago but can still lift luggage. She may need help with the real big suitcases. All of her pre-books were contacted by either phone/email or text regarding her finger. In the event the customer could not assist, Marlene would have had the Porter help her.

I realize that you cannot please everyone no matter how hard you try. Sometimes things happen and we try are best to better the situation.

Marlene and I will continue to go out of our way to provide the best service that we can to all of the visitors to our area.

Sincerely,

I also got an email letter from Michael similar to the one above, but I can tell you for a fact that I was not contacted ahead of time about Marlene's broken finger, so what he is saying is not accurate. :rolleyes:

thanks as always

Good morning Shirley,

Sincerely,

And while the events of which I spoke were in August of 2010, the facts remain the same. The car reeked of smoke, and they were not in the condition one would expect when reading some of the reviews. My friends do not smoke and to imply in his response that maybe someone was smoking when they shouldn't be is not enough of an answer. He says in his letter to you that he will discharge anyone found smoking...did he investigate the situation from this trip? Has he investigated other reports of cars smelling of smoke? Perhaps his drivers are not following his instructions. We have seen a number of reports about his company indicating that the cars smelled like smoke, yet he says he has not had to dismiss a driver. Yes, he did not charge my friends for the return trip, as well he should, but the fact that the conditions existed is enough to make one wonder about using the company.

Thanks for all of the information regarding the transfer options. It only takes one negative review to make me switch directions because I know there have to be others out there who have not voiced their displeasure. I will not use executiveviplimousine - I will keep searching other options.

Thanks for all of the information regarding the transfer options. It only takes one negative review to make me switch directions because I know there have to be others out there who have not voiced their displeasure. I will not use executiveviplimousine - I will keep searching other options.

Same here - not worth the risk when there are so many competitors there.

Vicky

We just flew into Orlando on the 14th of October and used Robert Hunter's service. See the web site at http://www.checkercabofbrevard.com/. He picked 4 of us up at our Orlando Hotel in a Stretch Town Car and took us to the port and then picked us up after the cruise and took us back to the Orlando airport. He was on time...even a little early....very safe driving and excelent service. He even stopped to let us pick up some solf drinks to take to the cruise ship. It was a great experience and Robert was very nice and easy to work with. At this time it was $80 each way for all 4 of us.

We have used Quicksilver Tours three times. The first time we went from mco to Disney to port canaveral back to mco. They allowed us a grocery stop from mco to Disney to pick up a few items. They were always prompt and very professional. The second and third time we used them roundtrip from mco to port canaveral. Once again they were very prompt and professional. I highly recommend them!

Archived