Getting to Miami

Mancuso

• 3 weeks later...

I was also looking on how to get to Ft. Lauderdale from Port Canaveral. Amtrak seems not to be an option, as the closest station probably would be Kissimmee or Orlando.

Greyhound has a stop in Cocoa, at an Exxon Station. 5 busses to Ft. Lauderdale stop there each day. Travel time is between 3 and 5 hours, depending on which bus you take... The fare is $40.

According to Mapquest, it is about 13 Miles from Port Canaveral to Cocoa and would take about half an hour. Not sure how much a taxi would be for that distance.

Maybe someone else has another idea for an affordable transfer option from Port Canaveral to Ft. Lauderdale?

Marc

Car rental is not an option, I don't have a drivers license. Maybe the OP is in a similiar situation.

Public transport is quite good in Switzerland, so I don't need it usually... :-)

I guess I have to take the Grayhound then.

Marc

Then yes, look into flying to Orlando - The Disney Shuttle from airport to the port is worth the bucks as it makes everything easy. And I've never seen them fill the bus.

Or look up a limo company....worth a shot - people do lot's of crazy things in South Florida

I will definitly take the DCL shuttle from WDW to Port Canaveral. But Greyhound probably is still the least expensive and fastest way to get to Fort Lauderdale from Port Canaveral after the cruise.

Marc

Archived