Richard Joseph

cgoingmom

I'm on vacation at the moment after an awesome Hawaii season on the Island. Will join the Golden on May 25 for the European Summer season.

Not much to report - unwinding after a whirlwind week in Tokyo.

Should be online fairly regularly for the next few weeks - so feel free to drop me a line or ask any questions through this thread.

All the best!

Rich

Well I was hoping that you might be back on an Alaska cruise this summer. I have heard a lot of good things about you as a cruise director and was looking forward to meeting you. I met JJ last year and he said that he sailed with you on the R7. Which size ship do you prefer to work? I have only sailed on ships with under 2,000 guests. Although the Tahitian was the smallest ship I was on I really loved it. Well, maybe we'll meet someday. Enjoy Europe.

cgoingmom:

Nice to meet you. Good question on the ship size thing ..... I used to love working on ships with under 1000 passengers. At the end of the week the crew would know many by name and many great friendships were established. Today with 1000's of passengers aboard, it is harder to see the same people twice. But the amenities the bigger ships offer are awesome! I really like the size of the Coral and Island - 90,000 tons with around 2000 passengers aboard, the ships are very comfortable with a never crowded feel. And you already sailed one of my favorites, the Tahitian (ex. R4) those little Renaissance ships are special. Hope to sail with you one day soon.

Hornet:

Sorry we will miss each other on the Island in September, I will still be on the Golden. I am currently scheduled to return to the Island mid January 2006 - I do love Hawaii!!!

APH:

Congrats on the gig ...... looking forward to meeting you!

sammiedawg:

Sorry won't be on the Coral this summer - on the Golden from Late May through October. Not sure who the CD will be on the Coral. Hope to sail with you one day.

Stay well everyone - still loving vacation until the end of May!

Al the best!

Rich

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard -

I enjoyed visiting your website - (sent you an e-mail! :D )

We are looking forward to sailing with you on the Golden July 31 (b2b) Aug. 10.

We have a fairly active "Roll Call" for both legs, sharing Port information and arranged Shorex.

Although this will be our 28th Princess Cruise - it will be our first sailing on the Golden...

See you onboard!

GotToCruise :D (aka Renee)

Hi Rich -

Just read the post from "Live from the Golden" - Wow! what a wonderful party for the Cruise Critics on the June 1 sailing! Seems like you and your "staff" really outdid yourselves in making everyone feel so welcome.

Our Cruise Critic "bunch" is boarding July 31 - I am doing b2b (mentioned previously) on Aug. 10. We have exchanged names and photos (both sailings) and hope to arrange a CC "Meet & Mingle" get together...

I hope you will have time to Please come by and say hello - everyone is anxious to meet you!

Cheers! GotToCruise :D (aka Renee)

was just looking at some of the 'staff photos' on your website ----- and realized we must have sailed together before ---- on the Regent Star in February, 1992!

(I know that, no matter what the conditions, this sailing HAS TO be smoother than that one!!

phyllis

Archived