NCL Wind Questions

Hello everyone

First time poster, but you guys seem welcoming.. my girlfriend and I are going on our first cruise in September on the Wind to Hawaii. Those that have sailed the Wind, looking for room input on the C class cabins (Atlantic Deck)? Do you hear noise from the jogging track above? There will be a group of 10 of us, is NCL able to accomodate us all at one table a few nights for dinner? Anyone that has sailed on the Wind, or the 11 night Hawaiian voyage, what do you recommend (on and off board) and what do you not?

Thanks for all replys.. icon_cool.gif

Colt

NCL Dawn 9/11/2004

We took the 10 day cruise with the pre-cruise package in Honolulu. The islands were great! One of our favorite excursions was the snorkel trip in Maui on a Catamaran. We had a super time and since it was April we also so lots of whales. Try to do Le Bistro at least one night as it was worth the $$. We took advantage of the wine package (we're "older" 50's LOL) and love wine with dinner. We stayed in cabin 9000 so I can’t give you input there.

<LI>Tropicale ~ 5/93 <LI> Norwegian Wind ~ Hawaii ~ 4/4/03 <LI>Norwegian Majesty ~ Bermuda~ 5/30/04 <LI>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vdubbeetle1972:

First time poster, but you guys seem welcoming. There will be a group of 10 of us, is NCL able to accomodate us all at one table a few nights for dinner?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the board. Our group here is very hospitable. Good luck to you in your serach for information. Make sure to check out the roll call board and see if there are others sailing with you!

As for the table for 10...there are two tables for 10 in the Terraces dining room. One is straight back in the dining room against the windows and the other is the Captain's table just to the right after you enter the dining room up a few stairs. I don't think you could get that one. icon_biggrin.gif I think the Four Seasons dining room has one as well. It's on the port side against the windows. Maybe you could talk to the maitre'd or the hostess about reserving one of those tables for a night or two just to make sure you'll get it.

Oh, I forgot...in the Trattoria I think they have two tables for 10. They're down the stairs to the far left and right.

Cecilia

I've cruised to Alaska, Australia, Asia, South America, Panama Canal, transatlantic, Hawaii, Baltics and the Caribbean. I've been on the NCL Dream, Wind, Star, Sky, Norway and the RCCL Mariner of the Seas. I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

I'd like to bump this back up. I too am looking for recent information on travel experiences on the Wind. I know that the ship underwent a refurbishing ~~ none too soon, from the reviews in 2002 and 2003. I got totally spoiled by RCCL, so my bar is set pretty high.

Explorer of the Seas 7/02

West Caribbean

Norwegian Wind Thanksgiving Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;24;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

I was on the Wind in early March. It is not the fanciest of ships but my husband and I could not find anything to complain about (not that we are big complainers). You will have a wonderful time. I had heard bad things about the Wind before my trip but was glad to find them untrue.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. Have a wonderful vacation!

welcome to the boards.

my name is ZoneHPH and my partner in crime on these boards is SuperflyJeff.

he and i were both on the WIND for the 3/27 sailing to the western caribbean. we both documented much of our vacation. even kept all the receipts from all the bars so that we can give each bartender and bar server their kudos.

but i dare not reveal too much as i am sure you will be pleased with our comprehensive assesment of this beautiful ship.

for those who are new to cruising...do not think that all the best cruises are ONLY on the newest and fanciest of ships.

the one thing that i find truly beneficial on an NCL cruise is that their ships are simply "large enough". they need not be any larger than they are now.

NCL has a very "simple elegance" that only a true cruise fancier will recognize. yes some of her ships are older with dated furniture in the cabins. but rest assured the service is exactly top notch.

my family has sailed carnival, rccl, premier (waaaaaaaaay back in the day), and NCL. NCL has been our cruiseline of choice, mainly because she gives superb overall value.

diver_floating_md_clr.gif

WE ARE...PENN STATE! Biology '94

http://photos.yahoo.com/zonehph2002

click on NORWEGIAN SEA 20030803 (08/03/2003 sailing)

by the way...i was in cabin 6210, exactly under the promenade deck. you can hear some joggers...but it's not bad at all.

not different than if you were at home and heard someone walking on the floor above you.

i wouldn't sweat it. there aren't THAT many joggers in the morning.

besides...if you sleep in everyday you are bound to miss your shore excursion. heehhehe...those tender lines can get pretty long.

click on NORWEGIAN SEA 20030803 (08/03/2003 sailing)

My family is just off the Wind April 10, we had a great time. Ship is in great shape. The food on the ship did not seem to match the elegance of the dining rooms. The Trattoria and Terraces were quite nice. The Sports bar buffet was decent at best. The on deck barbeque was awesome. The rooms were clean and a nice size. We had a balcony room which had a fridge. I do agree with others who said promenade deck- starboard side had a slight sewage smell- as well as diesel while in port- from tenders.

Here's the link to a review I posted last month, hope it's helpful.

NCL Wind Review 2/28-3/6

Feel free to email me at robinfrutchey@hotmail.com if you have questions.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Robin

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man, I have chalked up many a mile..." ~Jimmy Buffett

yeah! robin gives a pretty good review of her cruise. superflyjeff and i made numerous references to her review while we were on our cruise. though some differences, i don't think this ship would disappoint anyone.

i encourage cruise critic members to not be shy and meet up with each other. superflyjeff and his wife, as well as myself and my friend had a blast!!! we all did our own things during the day...but spent most of the nights hanging out...or on sea days...lounging getting some rays or bbq.

it was simply fun!

click on NORWEGIAN WIND 20040327 (03/27/2004 sailing)

if you treat yourself to a mandara spa massage...ask for Selma. she's from san diego. i got the mandara massage (a sampling or different massage techniques.)

anyway...i pretty much told her right off the bat to not be gentle, otherwise she'd have a very ticklish guy on the table and she's liable to get hit with the swinging legs and arms.

lemme just tell you...i got a few knotches short of a beating! AND IT WAS AWESOME! i believe some swedish techniques incorporate the elbow and such...OH IT HURT SO GOOD!

i cannot tell you how worthwhile that was! i opted for only the 50min session...i should have gone for the 90min.

wish i had extra $ for the Four Hands massage. NOW THAT WOULD BE HEAVEN!!!

click on NORWEGIAN WIND 20040327 (03/27/2004 sailing)

Our family is staying in one of the owner's suites. Anyone have any info. on what it's like other than what we've seen in the brochure and and on the ncl web site? Also, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on which shore excursions are a must and which we could do without? What about going out on your own? Recommend it or not?

Looking forward to seeing Hawaii. It's me, my hubbie, our 12 and 15 year old kids and my mom.

Looking forward to reading what you all have to say.

Archived