Serenade of the Seas Photo Review- Take Two: Aruba Route

Just a quick compliment on your great review. I started reading it prior to our cruise on the Serenade and completed it after we returned. Loved the great photos too.

Besides the ship I was really impressed with your pictures of the La Concha, in fact, we took a walk through the hotel during our precruise. I think we will definitely stay there next time we visit San Juan.

Great job!

Just a quick compliment on your great review. I started reading it prior to our cruise on the Serenade and completed it after we returned. Loved the great photos too.

Besides the ship I was really impressed with your pictures of the La Concha, in fact, we took a walk through the hotel during our precruise. I think we will definitely stay there next time we visit San Juan.

Great job!

Hi stones902! Thank you! How was your back-to-back on the Serenade? I'm sure you had a great time. :cool:

Glad you liked La Concha; honestly that's my first choice from now on when visiting San Juan. Maybe we'll go with El Convento for a night before a cruise, but for anything longer- La Concha it is!

Host Faith.. Thanks so much for the great review of the Serenade. DH and I are sailing on her for New Years and after reading your review, I'm even more excited. This is our first time on the Serenade, we have sailed on the AOS a few times out of Puerto Rico.

Thanks again:)

I just joined Cruise Critic hoping to find some information on this particular cruise. I am thinking I'm about to book the 2/18/12 cruise out of San Juan. I have cruised once before with Carnival - the Western Caribbean. We are hoping to stay in San Juan for a couple of nights prior to cruising. I thought about taking a cruise out of Miami with San Juan as a port of call, but I think our minds are made up now that we actually want to fly to San Juan and stay for a couple nights. Your review has been extremely helpful... I loved looking at all the pictures! I can't WAIT to cruise again - seriously I am online non-stop looking things up to ensure that we have the most PERFECT time. I will definitely be taking notes on some of the things you did! Thanks! :D

Hi stones902! Thank you! How was your back-to-back on the Serenade? I'm sure you had a great time. :cool:

Glad you liked La Concha; honestly that's my first choice from now on when visiting San Juan. Maybe we'll go with El Convento for a night before a cruise, but for anything longer- La Concha it is!

We loved the ship and especially the crew. Perhaps the friendliest crew on any ship I have sailed on. Even the maintenance workers always said hello as we passed them in the hallway.

Thanks again for the La Concha. In the past we have used The Water and Beach Club in Isle Verde. This time we passed on that since they have closed their cool rooftop bar. Our pre-cruise this time was at a bed & breakfast style boutique property called Acadia Inn in Condado.

Host Faith.. Thanks so much for the great review of the Serenade. DH and I are sailing on her for New Years and after reading your review, I'm even more excited. This is our first time on the Serenade, we have sailed on the AOS a few times out of Puerto Rico.

Thanks again:)

So happy for you guys! Enjoy your cruise. We loved the AOS and I think Wes enjoyed that ship more, but my favorite aspect of the Serenade is all the glass walls. I feel much more connected to the ocean on that ship which is why I love cruising so much in the first place:). Trying a Freedom class ship in a few months, I can't wait to experience that!

I just joined Cruise Critic hoping to find some information on this particular cruise. I am thinking I'm about to book the 2/18/12 cruise out of San Juan. I have cruised once before with Carnival - the Western Caribbean. We are hoping to stay in San Juan for a couple of nights prior to cruising. I thought about taking a cruise out of Miami with San Juan as a port of call, but I think our minds are made up now that we actually want to fly to San Juan and stay for a couple nights. Your review has been extremely helpful... I loved looking at all the pictures! I can't WAIT to cruise again - seriously I am online non-stop looking things up to ensure that we have the most PERFECT time. I will definitely be taking notes on some of the things you did! Thanks! :D

Wow! Welcome to Cruise Critic! I'm so glad the review was helpful! I'm the same way, researching everything daily to make sure everything is perfect, lol! To me planning is half the fun and makes the time waiting for the cruise to come a little more bearable :cool:. CC is a great resource so you're in the right place. To me there's nothing quite like cruising out of San Juan. Staying there a few days ahead of time gives you a mini-vacation before the cruise starts, and it's such a beautiful city. Sail-away at night is gorgeous too. Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for taking the time to post this great review!

Great review thank you for posting all the pictures, i hope you guys had a great anniversary. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure! Thanks to both of you! We did have a great time :)

Great Review! I just found it yesterday and read the whole thing between then and now. We are hoping to go on the Serenade next year in March or April so your reviews have been a great way to prepare. (I read the last one too but I got into it way to late to comment).

Hi Chrystal! I am also a fellow Crystal!! LOL! and What another AMAZING REVIEW!!! I just finished reading the entire thing!!! I hope you do a review of the Liberty Of The Seas... I see you are going on her in March of 2012. I will be on her in May of 2012! First timer on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and can't wait!!!!

Edited by Jeans*Fanatic

Great Review! I just found it yesterday and read the whole thing between then and now. We are hoping to go on the Serenade next year in March or April so your reviews have been a great way to prepare. (I read the last one too but I got into it way to late to comment).

Thank you so much! You're in for a treat sailing the Serenade, enjoy your cruise. Feel free to ask any questions you may have as you prepare. I'll check back here often :)

Hi Chrystal! I am also a fellow Crystal!! LOL! and What another AMAZING REVIEW!!! I just finished reading the entire thing!!! I hope you do a review of the Liberty Of The Seas... I see you are going on her in March of 2012. I will be on her in May of 2012! First timer on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and can't wait!!!!

Hey Crystal! Wouldn't you believe that my best friend's sister is named Krystal, and one of my traveling buddies (from last year's Serenade review) is named Crystal too. She's sailing with me on the Liberty (Western Caribbean) next year too. Gotta love it! :)

I can't wait to post about the Liberty when we get back. I see you're going to sail her in Europe! Sounds awesome! We love Royal Caribbean, I think we'll be sticking with them for a while :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Host Faith thanks so much for your great review! I have throughly enjoyed it ! You and your hubby remind me of my hubby and I we love cruising and have been to several of the same places. Yall are such a cute couple ! We will be going to Aruba and curacao on our cruise in March so I was happy that you reviewed them and gave me some great ideas! We are doing dinner on the beach at Passions Resturant in Aruba and I cant wait! I hope we can get Ivan he may be booked:( I look forward to your next review we are CCL people and and always wondered about RC and may have to switch over after reading your reviews;)Thanks so much and keep traveling!!

Another great review. I have only sailed Celebrity but now would consider RCCL or CCl based on your reviews. Would love to do the Southern Caribbean sometime as well. Good luck in your studies and I'll look forward to your next review!:)

Wow, thank you so much! We've been really happy with RCCL, and are curious about Celebrity. CCL, I think I sail again if I found a really great price, or was traveling with extended family or friends. What are some of your favorite things about Celebrity?

Sailing in two months and I'm going to get an even better camera. I can't wait to post my Liberty review along with fantastic pictures.

Happy to report that I've finally finished, and I've earned my MBA. So excited, relieved, and happy. Thanks to everyone for their support here on CC :)

Host Faith thanks so much for your great review! I have throughly enjoyed it ! You and your hubby remind me of my hubby and I we love cruising and have been to several of the same places. Yall are such a cute couple ! We will be going to Aruba and curacao on our cruise in March so I was happy that you reviewed them and gave me some great ideas! We are doing dinner on the beach at Passions Resturant in Aruba and I cant wait! I hope we can get Ivan he may be booked:( I look forward to your next review we are CCL people and and always wondered about RC and may have to switch over after reading your reviews;)Thanks so much and keep traveling!!

Hi boxermom! Thank you so much, and lucky you heading to Aruba and Curacao so soon! Ivan was great, I hope you get to spend the day with him. I dream of being able to go back to Aruba to have dinner at Passions, that is going to be so romantic! :D Happy sailing to you :)

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to thank you for the great reviews you did on Serenade and Adventure.

I was searching for some information on nice beaches in St. Maarten and found both of your reviews and got all caught up in BOTH of them!

Just a mention: We are staying at El Convento for the 2nd time. It is a bit pricey, but so beautiful. When I told my husband I was booking us a cruise out of San Juan again, he immediately told me to get our room at El Convento!

Thanks again!

Ann

I wanted to thank you for the great reviews you did on Serenade and Adventure.

I was searching for some information on nice beaches in St. Maarten and found both of your reviews and got all caught up in BOTH of them!

Just a mention: We are staying at El Convento for the 2nd time. It is a bit pricey, but so beautiful. When I told my husband I was booking us a cruise out of San Juan again, he immediately told me to get our room at El Convento!

Thanks again!

Ann

Hi Ann! Thank you, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the reviews! Looks like your cruise is coming up really soon. It's good to know about El Convento. I think we'll stay there the next time we sail from San Juan. It looked beautiful from the outside, and with all the recommendations on this thread and on Tripadvisor...how could we not give it a try?! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

One of the things I like about Celebrity is the food. The food is excellent in the MDR as well as the buffet. I have not even tried the speciality restaurants but I'm sure they are great as well. Everything is very laid back I guess because the crowd is a bit older, as most have said, but there is really a good mix of age groups. We always travel in Dec. before Christmas break so there are not many children at all.The S-class ships are beautiful and very well laid out- never seems crowded even when at capacity.Iknow you would enjoy their cruises very much so give them a try!:)

Wow, thank you so much! We've been really happy with RCCL, and are curious about Celebrity. CCL, I think I sail again if I found a really great price, or was traveling with extended family or friends. What are some of your favorite things about Celebrity?

Sailing in two months and I'm going to get an even better camera. I can't wait to post my Liberty review along with fantastic pictures.

Happy to report that I've finally finished, and I've earned my MBA. So excited, relieved, and happy. Thanks to everyone for their support here on CC :)

One of the things I like about Celebrity is the food. The food is excellent in the MDR as well as the buffet. I have not even tried the speciality restaurants but I'm sure they are great as well. Everything is very laid back I guess because the crowd is a bit older, as most have said, but there is really a good mix of age groups. We always travel in Dec. before Christmas break so there are not many children at all.The S-class ships are beautiful and very well laid out- never seems crowded even when at capacity.Iknow you would enjoy their cruises very much so give them a try!:)

Hi Bobby! Thank you for posting this....I read your post to Wesley and now he's excited to try Celebrity. I've always been curious but he loves RCI so much that we've stayed with them. We're looking to sail the Allure sometime this year and will be Platinum after that, so I think we'll give Celebrity a try after that! :)