Ideas for beach then food.

brianroberts2526

We will be in Costa Maya for November 17th on the Dream.

We were there in 2006 on the Glory and arrived at Cats Meow with a group of 12 and stayed all day. Might have been the funnest day Ive ever had cruising.

Ive looked into Maya Chan, booked solid.

From reading here it looks like I really must try 100% Agave.

The ship is in port something like 7a-3p. Not a long day.

So I want a good beach to go to from like 9-12 before we head to 100% agave

For an AI, check if Nohoch Kay is available. Jaime is on FB and you book via Island marketing. But if you're looking to be in the same area as the old Cat's Meow, check Steve at Tropicante (see threads on this board for his email) or Pez Quadro, practically next door. Then you're just "around the corner" from Fernado's 100% Agave, which is 1 block off the beach.

I highly recommend Tropicante. Even though they are not all inclusive - we've compared what friends have drank/eaten compared to our experience at Tropicante - we feel we got a better deal! Really nice area and he can have chairs waiting for you. Very clean restaurant with great service!

If you plan to have lunch at 100% Agave, I would suggest getting there a little on the early side. When we went in January, we got there right after a pretty large group. The kitchen is on the small side & everything is prepared fresh, so they were backed up a bit. Some in my travel party are the nervous type and they were worried we weren't going to get back to the ship in time. The food was excellent & we made it back in plenty of time, but my nervous in-laws did make the lunch a little less enjoyable.

I highly recommend Tropicante. Even though they are not all inclusive - we've compared what friends have drank/eaten compared to our experience at Tropicante - we feel we got a better deal! Really nice area and he can have chairs waiting for you. Very clean restaurant with great service!

We just made reservations at Tropicante. I e-mailed Steve yesterday evening and I had a reply back this morning that he has 4 Chairs waiting for us, he also gave us directions on how to get there after we get off the Ship. He seemed very eager to make sure our visit was perfect.

We just made reservations at Tropicante. I e-mailed Steve yesterday evening and I had a reply back this morning that he has 4 Chairs waiting for us, he also gave us directions on how to get there after we get off the Ship. He seemed very eager to make sure our visit was perfect.

If you take the bus out of port ($3 pp), get off at the second stop (Corona Beach) politely say no to the lounge chair vendors there and walk down the malecon (go right) about a block and you'll see his place. If you walk out of the port complex gate about a 1/4 mile to the taxi stand in front of the Tequila Musuem, a taxi (also $3 pp), will drop you off 1/2 block away. When you're ready to return, Steve will point you back to the taxi stand and away you'll go ($2pp return).

Archived