Ok I am officially Crazy

cajuinbell

There was no pen in my cabin on my last "Dream" cruise! I just booked a cruise aboard "Legend" just so I can replace my last "Carnival Pen", that ran out of ink. It's a dirty job to have to go on a cruise to get a new pen,,,but I'll put up with the inconvenience, I guess! ;)

"SKY"

See i knew i was not the only crazy one and really like the pens. Yes i am totally looking for another reason to book and cruise but it won't be to get a pen. LOL

I won't refuse if anyone would like to send me a pen who know may be we may meet up on a cruise. LOL.

We could become pen pals. And i would use the pen to write the letters. lol

My family are already book on a cruise in Feb. and I am trying my hardest to book too but funds are not in our favor right now. So I hope uncle sam is good to me so i can book last min with them.

We were on the Sensation Sept. 18 and NO pens in the cabin. Went to guest services and they said no pens available. There was no men's shaver in the cabin, there were no shrimp cocktails:eek: in the dining room, there were no beans in the navy bean soup either. I guess Gerry Gayhill's bonus will be rather large this quarter for cutting corners. But we still had a great time and will in the future. No sour grapes just things i noticed were missing from previous cruises.

• 2 months later...

I honestly hope I can get a pen on my next cruise...

I am using one right now, I save it just for cruise related planning in my journal (nerd alert)

Although I did use it yesterday to fill out a form for work too...

My mum and I usually both try to get one pen.... niether one of us like to be without our pen!

When she was taking me to the airport at Christmas I almost took her pen with me, then found mine in my purse...she didn't want her pen being lost in Cairo!

ah crazyness... and silly, I know

IDK what it is, but I love my Carnival pen(s). Maybe its just the right size of the pen in my hand, maybe the semi-ergonomic triangular grip, maybe the smoothnes of the ink flow, or maybe the fact that looking at the Carnival logo makes me smile and think of cruises past and yet to sail. :D

I have a blue one and a red one, although the red one is rather tempramental and the ink is present but doesnt always work. I even contemplated switching out the ink tube, but I cant find one that fits the spring correctly. My boyfriends parents are on a cruise right now and I asked his mom to bring me back a Carnival pen. We shall see if she remembers...

WARNING:

Do not accept pens from these strangers or buy one on ebay - they could be counterfeit.

The only way to get a genuine replacement pen is by getting one directly from the ship. Therefore you simply have no choice but to book another cruise.

The pen in my cabin on my cruise last may on the Fantasy said "Staples". So i asked for one at the front desk and they gave me one of those little pencils you use when playing putt-putt. I ended up buying one in the gift shop.

Hoping for one next month on the "Paradise"!!!

Oh how I love my Carnival pens and get so sad when they run out of ink. I was able to get two on my cruise in June on the Dream, however, in November on the Fantasy there was no pen in my room. I went to Guest Services and they handed me the "putt putt" pencil, too, so I asked for a Carnival pen. I was told they don't have any--they said they were out of them. So disappointing. I never knew they sold them in the gift shops--I'll certainly head there next cruise to buy some extra ones, whether or not I receive one in my room. Love love love those pens.

The bf's parents came back Friday from their cruise on Elation and they said Carnival wasnt giving out pens. :( I have a hard time believing its something "discontinued" as the line has said in the past, (because the pens then reappeared), but rather their supply is currently depleted.

I guess I will just have to book another cruise to get to the bottom of this quandry myself :)

Archived