Fort Lauderdale-Oakwood Plaza area things to do precruise

mommyto3girls:)

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale in January and are staying at SpringHill near Oakwood Plaza the night before our cruise. I'm just wondering if anyone has ideas for things to do the day before in that area? I was thinking of maybe getting a massage, manicure, facial, or hair braiding. Anyone have any thoughts? I saw that there was a hair cuttery type place, but wasn't sure if there was a salon that could do facials or massages.

thanks!

Oakwood Plaza is in a lower-middle income neighborhood, in fact it is filled with discount stores like Big Lots, Kmart, Marshall's, Dollar Store, Payless Shoes, Ross Dress for Less, etc. I wouldn't expect much in the way of spa services. Even the dozen adjacent hotels are not the kinds of hotels that have spas. Instead, enjoy shopping, chain food dining, arcade (Dave & Busters), and movies.

There's probably some massage places nearby, but not the kind you are after LOL. The Hilton and Sheraton are about a mile north at Griffin Rd, and might have spas. You probably don't have to be guests there to book, so I would give them a call.

LOL! Almost every mall around here at least has a place to get a chair massage and a couple of places to get a mani or pedi so I was hopeful... It does seem that it's more of a strip mall though from what I can find. We like this hotel because of the shuttle and we should be able to use points:) We may just go play video games or go to the movies.

thanks!

LOL! Almost every mall around here at least has a place to get a chair massage and a couple of places to get a mani or pedi so I was hopeful... It does seem that it's more of a strip mall though from what I can find. We like this hotel because of the shuttle and we should be able to use points:) We may just go play video games or go to the movies.

thanks!

I know what you mean! It's not really a mall...it's a huge plaza with several strip buildings and free standing buildings. It goes all the way from one i95 exit to the next, if you count the entrance drives!

You are not terribly far from the Hard Rock Hotel, you would need a taxi, tho.

They probably have a spa, and it's a a fun place to visit and shop, even if you are not a gambler. Lots of more upscale shopping, if you are determined to spend money, and a beautifl pool area.

I live just a few hours north of the port, but if I were looking for a pre-cruise hotel to get me in a vacation mood, I would stay there.

There's a small amusement park just north of the hotel area a bit, if you are into that sort of thing. It's not a big one by any stretch, but there is a pretty decent sized roller coaster, minigolf, go karts, bumper boats and an arcade.

http://www.boomersparks.com/site/dania/index.html

The roller coaster recently closed.

Archived