Pacific Sun Cruise N518 Paradise Daydream

suuz

Whoey,

How long will it take on the train?

Do you have to travel far to get to the train?

Sorry, but I dont think I could travel to the train station, then travel by train all the way to Sydney to where you are staying WITH 3 LITTLE CHILDREN. Lucky you have 2 days in Sydney to get over it before you cruise.

After the cruise returns are you going home by train that same night?

Regards

Kazza

We are also on Empress Deck when we cruise too - the only place to be :)

Cant wait to hear what your families think of the cruise...

we are 314 days away.. seems like forever (haha)

I have been reading this thread and hope you dont mind me sharing in your excitment!

We are on the 29th sept pacific sun criuse, so want to learn all about it.

You say Empress is the only place to be, as i have never criused before i wondered what the difference will be. We are one Floor( do they call them floors on ships??)below. we are also travelling with kids although ours are older 15 and 12.

Apparently Pacific Sun is noisey on the lower decks - engine noise and vibration issues from the rear and when they drop anchor if your cabin is up the front it is like an earthquake at 6 am..

I dont think the top few decks make a lot of difference, I simply like the idea of only one flight of stairs to fall down to reach my bed each night !

We have an outside cabin on the upper deck in the middle of the ship. When we were meant to go in november they had upgraded us so they might upgrade us again if there are some cabins. We should recieve our tickets in a few weeks the kids want to take them in for show and tell so it looks like I will have to take a trip to school with them.

regards suuz

Hi SuuzHow do you know that you are in the middle of the ship?

Did they tell you this when you booked? or did they tell you your room number?

Hope you get another up grade to Empress deck.

Im so excited. The other day when Blake saw that we had 55 days till we cruise and I told him that we will get our tickets in a few weeks, he started jumping up and down and doing a little dance. Nice to see him sooooo excited.

My boys like to tell everyone at school (as much as they love school) that they will be off from school for 5 weeks. 2 weeks for the cruise and the day we get back their school goes on holidays for 3 weeks.

Regards

Kazza

Kazza

When we booked our cruise our travel agent told us what our cabins would be.

If you book early enough you can also get to choose which cabins you would prefer this is how my sister does it now she chooses a cabin and if it is not taken that's the one she gets. On the P&O website they have the deck plans so I was able to show the kids which cabin we would be in and where on the ship it is they thought it was great.

Suuz,

Wish I knew you could pick a cabin if booking early.

We booked a year in advance, so I hope we get a cabin in the middle of the Empress deck.

I'll know for next time...

Do you know anyone else going on this cruise?

regards

Kazza

I have heard that a Deposit reserves the selected cabin - BUT - if someone else comes along and REALLY wants THAT cabin and they pay the full amount they get it and your reservation gets moved..

just something I heard... might be wrong...

I used Ecruising when we booked our cruise they were really great. When we booked we had to get our deposit in the next day. When we rebooked this cruise we just transfered our payment from the other cruise to this one.

My parents are coming on this cruise with us it will be their first cruise as well.

My sister also pays the deposit at time of booking so maybe this is why they get to choose their cabin.

regards

suuz

• 4 weeks later...

Suuz

Whole family is realy excited.:D

Was just going over my list to make sure I wont forget anything.

Havent heard from anyone much.

Im a bit obsessed with cruising. My $19 a month internet bill just came in at $100, so we have changed to broadband. If you want to email me for anything, my new email address is ozcoast1@bigpond.net.au Whoey - hope you see this aswell.

I have noticed a few changes on the P&O website. Tickets now dont go out till around two to three weeks before travel.

Some of the shore tours are not listed anymore. The Amedee Island tour at Noumea which we were thinking about going on is not on the tour list anymore (along with 3 other tours). In Villa the Paraflying tour is not listed (along with 5 other tours) but they have added a Jetboat adventure.

Regards

Kazza

Kazza1, you said you wished you knew your cabin details ? Didn't your Agent give you an official itinerary for the trip? Ours includes the cabin details as part of the booking confirmation (deposit received receipt).

You could always call P&O and give them your name and cruise number. If you are (and I cant see how you couldnt be) in their computer system - hence deposit received then you MUST have a cabin allocated ?

or so I thought ???

Also, the BEST thing about going to Noumea was getting the heck outta there (lol) and going to amedee Island - we were hoping to take the kids there. It was the best tour we did on our honeymoon cruise all those years ago. Very dissapointed if this has been dropped ??? I hope they are substituting some else away from ugly noumea.

I feel like I have to justify our decision to go by train to you guys. I appreciate your concern and as parents of young kids I am not saying you are wrong! Kids can be a handful and two nights on a train... well...

We as a couple have used the Sydney train before and I do admit its a LONG night (similar to going by bus really). We have not ruled out the option of flying Melb syd return at one of those $70 (inc tax) specials as its only another $200 return compare to the train. Depends what deals are on February next year and with the Comm. Games on at that time I bet the cheap flights will be on hold (doh). If flights are $100 - $150 per person then we will use the train to give us more spending money on the ship.

Anyway, enough from me.. someone else talk now (lol) :)

Suuz

Rang P&O today to see when the tickets would be coming out. They said to call the travel agent as they should have them.

Give your travel agent a call because when I went to the shop, I dropped into the travel agent and she had about 10 cruise ticket packs on her desk. She said that she had to check and photocopy them all and that they would be out in about a week, BUT she is doing mine today & Im picking them up tommorrow.:D

Thought the tickets would have a cabin number on them but she couldnt find one. Hope she just missed it.

Regards

Kazza

Just lurking past and noticed your discussion on cabin numbers for your booking. Usually the website for the cruise company has a log-on section for you using your booking code (numbers & letters - usually on your itinerary). I can't remember if P & O Australia has the cabin numbers or not, but you could give it a try.

Chris

hmmn... the Aus P&O webiste is very pretty but a little limited in functionality...

if only there was some I.T. expert with good general cruising knowledge... hey wait... that's me - lol

*sigh*.. so wish I was cruising now and not drinking this red wine on me own !

cheers all

Cands

You can input your booking number into the "already booked" section on Australian P&O website and it is supposed to give you updates of your cruise. It DOESNT give you any more information than what you can get from the web site...

Regards

Kazza

glad to hear that we should get our tickets soon then we can book in for our car.Kazza1 there should be your cabin number on your tickets as we had it on our tickets from november. I have decided to pack summer and winter pj's for the kids as i do not know what the weather will be at night also a couple of warmer outfits just in case i know it will be cold when we leave but not sure how warm it will be when we are away.

regards

suuz

we are going on the sept cruise and i have been checking the p an o website for "already booked" It is supposed to show tours thats are available but only show tours to noumea. Will they show up later or are there no tours just days ashore. We are going to wala, emerald bay and mystery island. I have checked other cruises with similar itinaries but still nothing. cant even find any reports on these places

You certainly wont need winter PJ's on the ship.

However judging by the web cam pic's recently, a rain coat might be a good idea.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

Regards

Ron & Neicy:)

Archived