need info on possibly cancelling cruise reservations

stressedmomof3

I've gotten 2 different answers from 2 different reps and hoping someone here can fill me in on what is correct so when I call back ( if needed) I can be in the know.

I booked 2 early saver rooms on a 7 day cruise next summer to Belize. There is a big possibility now my husband will not be able to cruise do to a standing transfer of duty station for 3 months to D.C.( military) Now I do realize that if/when he gets orders there might be a military waiver, but just for his booking only, yes?

I am debating if it would make more sense to cancel both rooms as it was for us and 3 kids ( he in one room with one kid-me in the other room with 2 kids) and just try and book a 5 day after the summer (this time as past guest and he in 1 room and me and the kids in the other-just in case).

Now would we just be docked $50 for each person out of our deposits for the 7 day cruise and still be able to tranfer our $100 OBC for each room with our certificates we received from booking on our last cruise?

-Or would we lose the credits, just be docked the $50 and have to immediately rebook?

Sorry if it is confusing as I am quite confused as well.

Thanks!

Certificates?? FCC? You might be able to transfer the OBC if you do it in all in the same time. It should be able to transfer.

If you wait to rebook the remainder of the future credit will be held in all 5 names for 2 years until you rebook, but using the future credit sometimes can be a problem toward the next cruise. They want to put it all as OBC on the 2nd cruise.

The 2 years starts the day you cancel, so some times it is smarter to wait to cancel.

Now I do realize that if/when he gets orders there might be a military waiver, but just for his booking only, yes?

Iv never heard of this waiver, news to me. My PVP would know, as she knows these little nit picky things. I have never heard that anyone can get a exception to the $50 fee.

Im guessing that you dont want to still go thru with the 7 day without your husband? You are saying you would go with the kids on a shorter cruise if your husband cant go?

If your husband is not part of the next booking, this is another issue, as the money is held in his name. Only if the credit card you paid with is in your name, not his you might be able to prove you paid for it and get it applied to the 2nd cruise minus the $50 fee.

In the past, Carnival has allowed active duty military personnel to cancel their cruises and get refunded (even if after final payment), so long as the need to cancel has to do with getting orders which make the cruise impossible. All they have to do is submit a copy of the orders.

I have never had to use this exception/waiver, but I know it exists, as I asked about it before I booked a cabin for my then active duty son and his wife.

I'm assuming you would also be granted a waiver for the $50.00 ES cancellation/change fee, but that is pure speculation on my part as the ES fare wasn't even available when we did the cruise with my son. If they do give you a waiver, it will only be for the people booked in your husband's cabin.

Oh goodness- yes it's the FCC certificates. He got one and I got the other and used it on this 7 day cruise to Belize that we have booked now.

The military thing -one of the reps said if we could produce orders we might be able to get a waiver. The other rep had no clue what the other rep was talking about.

And yes- I am actually looking to rebook all 5 of us in the fall of 2012 b/c of hubby's normal work schedule outside of summer and the kids in school. I can not even think of taking all 3 kids on a cruise by myself;)

Looks like we might just want to wait until Christmas to be sure before cancelling out of haste.

Thanks again.

Oh goodness- yes it's the FCC certificates. .

FYI if you are asking will the $100 OBC X 2 transfer from a 7 day to a 5 day, no.

5 days only get $50 per cabin OBC, but you might be able to transfer the FCC and get the $50 ..but thats assuming your husband is in the cabin on the 2nd cabin.

Im confused if you would be booking the 5 day with just the kids. In that case since only you have a FCC, it would only apply $50 OBC to the one cabin. Maybe consider a quad?

OBC per se does not transfer if its from a FCC and you are transferring the FCC to a shorter cruise, you dont get to keep the 7 day OBC for both you and your husband.

Archived