carnival website prices

tiffy0428

I often go on carnival to look at my cruise for 2012. This morning it said $404 for ocean view , then when I looked again it said $569. So my question is if I make a deposit on the lower price will they honor it? Or some time down the line will they add that difference in price?

I have read on here that Carnival has given someone the lower cost only to say later that it was a computer problem and charge them the full or ongoing price. You could take your chances or call them to verify the current pricing. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though. They can always charge you the regular price. Were you going to book early saver?

Yes I was .......I was also going to print the screen out and take a picture of it because I feel like they should honor the price listed.

I have read on here that Carnival has given someone the lower cost only to say later that it was a computer problem and charge them the full or ongoing price. You could take your chances or call them to verify the current pricing. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though. They can always charge you the regular price. Were you going to book early saver?

I often go on carnival to look at my cruise for 2012. This morning it said $404 for ocean view , then when I looked again it said $569. So my question is if I make a deposit on the lower price will they honor it? Or some time down the line will they add that difference in price?

I think that was a one off .. they are changing software. I know my PVP spent 2 days this week learning the new software.

Do be aware if you are booking 3 or more to a cabin, the prices on carnival.com are averaged, and not the real prices. check a TA site if you need to see the real prices for 3 or more, or fareviewer.

I would not overly worry about a misprint on the carnival site.

Carnival's pricing can change rapidly. The pricing engine reviews prices about every three hours to compare price vs. demand. If the demand is high at a given price they raise the fare... if the demand is low the fare drops and this can happen in a very short time span.

If you book online at a given rate they should have to honor the rate that you put your deposit on. I've seen them claim that a price reduction for which a claim was placed was a website error but never on an initial booking.

:)

I've seen them claim that a price reduction for which a claim was placed was a website error but never on an initial booking.

:)

there was a thread about this. Someone saw a price of $134 and even called to verify and booked at that rate. Some on CC said well duh, of course it was a misprint, OPs fault .. others say if Carnival advertised the rate and booked that rate they should honer it. At this time the last post I saw from the OP he had to pay the extra. The rate he paid now is $199, so knowing $134 was wrong, I agree, but Carnival is not honoring the "glitch" even though they allowed someone to book.

thats the glitch people are talking about .. someone actually booked the rate Carnival now will not honor.

On person's mistake is another person's come-on. Always a difficult question and many companies will honor the "mistake" in the interest of consumer relations. Over the past week there have been several threads suggesting that Carnival may not be one of them.

Archived