If you care about how you are treated...

Padman

As many of you have experienced, Bank of America has been shortchanging the Royal Caribbean Visa customers with their signup points. Many of us have received only 5000 points instead of the promised 10,000 points. Many of us have made repeated phone calls to BOA only to be ignored or told that we didnt qualify for the full 10,000 of unstated reasons. Through perserverance I have acquired a $50 credit on my BOA statement to make up for the missing 5000 points but many of you have been left out in the cold.

I have called Royal to complain about BOA but the people at Royal dont seem too concerned with the problem. I actually dont expect customer service reps to be able to do anything about it anyway. We need to find out who the top people at Royal are and write them.

Here is what I suggest: I am going to write letters of complaint and send them to the people highest in command at Royal in hopes that someone will actually hear about the scam that BOA is pulling and maybe they will switch to another credit card company. If all of us take 10 minutes to do this then maybe something will change.

I have had this card since at least 2005 and have had very good service from BOA. The only problem I ever had was the second time I tried to redeem points through a new and inexperienced TA. She told me that she didn't think I could redeem multiple reward levels for OBC. I got different information from both RCI and BOA. As a result, I wasted 10,000 points because once the certificates were issued, they expired within 6 months and BOA would not credit these back to my account ( it is written in the fine print). I know better now. It sounds like you did get adequate compensation for the 5000 points ( that would equal $50 In OBC).

Years ago I had a problem with BOA. They said I didn't make a payment 2 months in a row. I clearly made the payments. My bank confirmed that the electronic payments where debited from my account on the day scheduled. The first month, I didn't catch it, the second month they raised my interest rate to 29.99%. I caught that when they sent me a letter. My bank sent them a years worth of payments. In the mean time, I paid them off... by check!

Three months later, they sent me a check and a letter of apology that basically said sorry we had a strange glitch in the computer. So, if they are cheating people out of points, I don't doubt it at all. I suggust that if you have an account with them that you check your account very closely every month.

I've had my card since 2004. On my last statement, I received no points for a RCI cruise I paid with the card. That's no points, opposed to the double points I was supposed to receive. A month later, I'm still fighting with them.

I vowed I would never choose bank of America after receiving several foreclosure notices several years ago. Like the PP and their payment glitch, BOA was not crediting our mortgage payments. It took a year of letter writing and phone calls to get the situation fixed.

To say I was irritated when BOA took over my Royal card is an understatement; however, I had too many points to cancel. I even opened a new card when they had their 15,000 bonus points offer. Initially, I received all the points - 10,000 the first month and 5,000 the next month. I cashed in 10,000 without a problem. Then, I received a letter stating the additional 5,000 were being taken away. Repeated phone calls have failed to resolve the issue. It's not worth my time to fight a battle over the $50 in points; however, they will not get my business on that card ever again.

They are too big to manage themselves, but they are not too big to fail.

Banks are like doctors, for every person who loves them, you'll find another who hates them.

We've had cards with BoA since 2007 & never had a problem BUT............. their most recent scam of charging for using their debit card now that it's almost impossible to live without really sucks!

Ever notice that every time the government tries to step in & force banks to give consumers a break, the banks find a new way to screw us over?

Archived