Seattle Connection - Is this possible?

LEtue

I've re-checked the MCT. It's 60 minutes for what the OP wants to do, so the 35-minute suggestion is well beyond what's permissible. It's not actually the case that:-

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate knowing the facts of what really is possible.

I am now considering using the Delta (Alaska/Horizon) flight from YVR to SEA and then using American FF miles home to TPA. The connection time would now be 1 hour and 10 minutes which still may be too tight. What do you think?

Booking 2 separate tickets (one on Delta - Alaska Horizon) and one on AA from FF miles) you have no protection at all if you miss your AA flight.

The first flight only has the obligation to get you to SEA-TAC and the 2nd flight is obligated to you only for that flight, but they MIGHT book you on a later flight if you miss the first AA flight and have telephoned them to tell them of your situation.

I think you have not solved your problem as yet. The connection via LAX was very difficult for my friends who know LAX fairly well.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate knowing the facts of what really is possible.

I am now considering using the Delta (Alaska/Horizon) flight from YVR to SEA and then using American FF miles home to TPA. The connection time would now be 1 hour and 10 minutes which still may be too tight. What do you think?

The Horizon flight is also eligible for inclusion in your AA mileage ticket. If you use AA miles, then the onus for a misconnect will be on them, not you, since the whole itinerary will be on one ticket.

I assume the route would be YVR-xSEA-xDFW-TPA?

You guys are awesome and I really want to thank everyone for the feedback!

It just goes to show that if you need to find out about something you can do it here on CC.

I have given up on the 2 carrier options and looking for something better :)

Archived