How Many Ships?

EithneMay

I am just wondering how many ships the pier can handle in Phillipsburg? There will 6 ships in port the day we are there, including the Allure of the Seas. I am hoping we won't have to tender (not supposed to be, but we have run into it before where it said we would not tender, but we ended up having to). Can the port handle that many ships?

I am just wondering how many ships the pier can handle in Phillipsburg? There will 6 ships in port the day we are there, including the Allure of the Seas. I am hoping we won't have to tender (not supposed to be, but we have run into it before where it said we would not tender, but we ended up having to). Can the port handle that many ships?

The Cruise Facility can dock four standard sized ships at the original pier and another two Mega-ships at the new pier.

gary

So, given that there are six ships in port, I should be wary about booking much? I was kind of thinking about seeing Orient beach for a couple of hours then back in to shop around and hang out on the ship. Do you think that would be "doable"?

I agree with the prior poster. Lots to do on the island and the activities are scattered across the French and Dutch sides. Orient Beach is not a problem but Marigot and especially Maho are problems since the roadways to these areas are under heavy construction.

The areas with the most congestion from 6 ships would probably be in downtown Philipsburg since many cruisers would see all the people and decide to not go out into the countryside.

Orient is 1.3 miles or so and should be OK; just stay away from the Bikini Beach Bar section where many cruise tours dump their passengers.

There will be seven in port over our Thanksgiving cruise. I,too, was worried about crowds and traffic. I emailed Bernard from Bernards Tours and secured a driver for the day. I want to go to off the beaten path type places, except for Maho, of course. I really want a 747 going over my head. Its going to be a

ZOO!!!

Archived