Just got back from Gem ....NCL is NOW our favorite!!!!

DeRon

We just got back from our 1st NCL cruise...I wondered if we would like it or not. We've been on 12 cruises now, and so far our favorite line has been Princess. But guess what?? Not any more! NCL was FANTASTIC!!!!

Now, I will say that we had a Penthouse suite which came with Butler and Concierge...ha! But for the money, apples to apples...we thought the cruise was unbeatable and even better than our wonderful experiences on Princess!

I will come back and give a full review when not so tired!

We just got back from our 1st NCL cruise...I wondered if we would like it or not. We've been on 12 cruises now, and so far our favorite line has been Princess. But guess what?? Not any more! NCL was FANTASTIC!!!!

!

another convert :)

Glad you had such a good time...can't wait to hear!!!

Now, I will say that we had a Penthouse suite which came with Butler and Concierge...ha! But for the money, apples to apples...we thought the cruise was unbeatable and even better than our wonderful experiences on Princess!

Good Man DeRon!

It is great to see that you had such a convincingly good time with NCL on the Gem.

I will be on the Gem in an aft, deck 10 SF suite next month.

I was excited before I saw your post, now I am counting the days/hours/minutes.

It would be a shame if a cruiser, as experienced as yourself, didn't complete a review of your week with the Gem.

There are alot of us that would love to hear what you have to say.

Please...do tell!

Mike

If you've had full suites on Princess, could you include some comparison of the suite experience - we've always loved NCL suites but will be trying a Princess full suite for a winter Panama Canal sailing this year. Thanks

DeRon - I totally understand why. After just sailing the Gem I was even more taken with NCL. It was hard to compare only first sailing on Epic - it still had the new car smell ;) But the Gem was as perfect as if it were brand new.

Which penthouse were you in? We sailed in Topaz - 11024 - David was the concierge and Roy was the butler.

Welcome home - glad you loved it as much as we did!

Hey DeRon! I think you were the one who posted on the Princess thread before you went with some "NCL anxiety"? I was thinking about you when we were on our first Princess cruise 2 weeks ago - hoping you'd like it.

I liked Princess - but I do think I prefer NCL. Not saying anything was wrong with our Princess experience and we really enjoyed our cruise - but it seemed very similar to all the other cruise lines we've been on. NCL is just different and I think I like the differences.

Glad there is no "buyer's remorse" for you -

DeRon - I totally understand why. After just sailing the Gem I was even more taken with NCL. It was hard to compare only first sailing on Epic - it still had the new car smell ;) But the Gem was as perfect as if it were brand new.

Which penthouse were you in? We sailed in Topaz - 11024 - David was the concierge and Roy was the butler.

Welcome home - glad you loved it as much as we did!

David was our Concierge as well. We were in 10500. Butler was Josephine. Wasn't it great!

Question for DERON. Glad to hear you loved the cruise! We have the same cabin next month, our first on NCL and first time having a suite! I had read some other posts that the rooms have been refitted with a single sofa beds. There are 4 of us staying in this room. Someone had been bumped to a larger room because of this. Did you use the pull out bed?

David was our Concierge as well. We were in 10500. Butler was Josephine. Wasn't it great!

I thought David was excellent. Roy was our butler and he was very pleasant (in fact we ran into him in Hamilton and he said hello to my husband who said hello back and not until that evening did we realize it was Roy!! Looked different in a bike helmet and shorts :) ). He wasn't super attentive but we really didn't need him to be - didn't use in-suite dining or the like but he was nice and attended to everything we asked of him.

If you've had full suites on Princess, could you include some comparison of the suite experience - we've always loved NCL suites but will be trying a Princess full suite for a winter Panama Canal sailing this year. Thanks

Please come back and share your opinion on the differences between the suites on Princess and NCL .

I have mine but would love to hear what someone else who has sailed NCL suites thinks.;)

thanks

Archived