AQ on Equinox... help choosing - 1552, 1554 and 1556 ?

LegalCat

I'm trying to pick out three AQ rooms on the Equinox... i was thinking about 1552, 1554 and 1556 ... it looks like the balconies might be larger due to being next to the hump... but the website says they might be partially obstructed... i read in one review there might be window washing equipment near there?? Any help would be appreciated... I need three rooms and these three are available... any help would be appreciated or any other ideas :)

The ones off the hump have slight obstructions from window washing equipment, but I personally would grab them over a non-obstructed one as the balconies are significantly larger and the obstruction small. The one off the hump closer to the front of the ship is the better of the two (due to even larger balcony).

Sorry I just looked again and I guess there is the large hump and then theres like a smaller outset further up the ship... so these rooms arent against the big hump but they are further up where there is a smaller outset... I dont know what the proper term for this is but Ive attached a floor plan...

But i see the following option as well......

Obviously one of these would be on the other side...

The staterooms on the slanted portion of the central (larger) hump are better than the forward (smaller) hump as the central hump has no obstruction - and often a top room steward (as they also service the Penthouse Suite). For the central hump rooms 1610, 1606 and the two opposite them on the port side have the largest balconies (nearly triple the normal size). The others on the slanted portion of the hump (i.e. 1608) have nearly double sized balconies.

We will be in 1552 on Silhouette in December. I will post my 2 cents regarding that cabin.

Fantastic!

From the reviews I have seen, people have been really happy with those rooms even though there may be a slight obstruction and multiple reviews said they would book the same room again so I took that as a big positive lol

We booked 1552 over 1604 even with the obstruction because of the reviews that say noise can be heard overhead at 7am when pool butlers are moving chairs around. We're light sleepers and do not want to be awakened at 7am!

We will be in 1552 in January.

• 3 years later...
The staterooms on the slanted portion of the central (larger) hump are better than the forward (smaller) hump as the central hump has no obstruction - and often a top room steward (as they also service the Penthouse Suite). For the central hump rooms 1610, 1606 and the two opposite them on the port side have the largest balconies (nearly triple the normal size). The others on the slanted portion of the hump (i.e. 1608) have nearly double sized balconies.

We were in 1610 on the Eclipse. We had a rookie cabin steward. She told us the first day of the cruise that she was new. So that statement isn't always true.

The balconies on the slant are made as modular pairs. 1610 has the largest of the pair and the one next is a little smaller. The next pair are exactly the same. 1552 is the same a 1610. I have been in both. 1610 will get more wind when sailing than 1552. I liked 1552 better as it was closer to the Solarium, Aqua spa cafe, and Persain gardens. it was also more convent to stop off at the coffee shop on the way to Blu in the morning. The window unit is there but it is more of a obstruction for the cabin next to it with the smaller balcony of the pair.

I think both 1610 and 1552 both have the bed by the bath. Been in so many I can't keep track

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

How did 1556 turn out? We have it in February. Not so concerned about noise as we are any obstruction?

You have now resurrected a couple of very old threads trying to get the same information. The window washing equipment is in front of 1554 as explained in many posts. The equipment is basically a large open box that you can see through. So from 1556 you will be able to see it but after the first day you won't even notice it again. Hopefully this is the info you were looking for