New Latitudes Program to Launch

avalanche2

DH got an email saying he had multiple Latitudes accounts and they were merged, but he's having trouble logging in to MyNCL too. We were both Platinum before any changes.

Can someone please advise where/how to look at your past cruising history? Thanks!

Unless they changed something, I have never been able to look it up on NCL.com. I have verified by sending an email to Latitudes Clerical and they sent me a list showing every cruise.

I do think it is going to be based on length of cruises and suites. We have seven NCL cruises under our belt and nothing currently booked. One of those was a 14-nighter; another was a three-night trip on the Sky. We also have one suite to our name when we sailed on the Pearl. Maybe we are getting an extra credit for the suite and an extra one for the 14-night sailing. NCL is saying my husband has nine credits. I still cannot access my account.

Unless they changed something, I have never been able to look it up on NCL.com. I have verified by sending an email to Latitudes Clerical and they sent me a list showing every cruise.

I do think it is going to be based on length of cruises and suites. We have seven NCL cruises under our belt and nothing currently booked. One of those was a 14-nighter; another was a three-night trip on the Sky. We also have one suite to our name when we sailed on the Pearl. Maybe we are getting an extra credit for the suite and an extra one for the 14-night sailing. NCL is saying my husband has nine credits. I still cannot access my account.

Did you see the "nine credits" on the NCL website? If so where? Or did they tell you that by phone?

I think the new program is basing level on days cruised.

We have 7 NCL cruises so were Silver.

However, according to My Account at NCL.com I am now Platinum!

Our 7 cruises totalled more than 68 days, all in OV or inside cabins.

Platinum is supposed to start at 14 cruises, but our total days easily equals that.

Looking forward to Platinum perks on our next NCL cruise.

But with so many people now Platinum, some perks such as Priority Tender are going to be crowded.

I'll love not paying for the laundry special bag.

If a "normal cruise" is defined as 7 days. then the equivalent of 14 cruises is 98 days (7 x14), not 68.

Did you see the "nine credits" on the NCL website? If so where? Or did they tell you that by phone?

I goofed. I checked his account this morning and could have sworn it said nine but just checked again and it only says "Gold," which is obtained after the ninth cruise.

If a "normal cruise" is defined as 7 days. then the equivalent of 14 cruises is 98 days (7 x14), not 68.

Not sure there is a "normal" length cruise. They have been giving credits for 1, 2, 3, and 4 night cruises. Fourteen 3 night cruises is 42 nights. fourteen 4 nighters is 56 nights. Maybe NMLady was comparing her nights to those numbers.

I am looking forward to finding out if this is an error or a revamp:confused:

Not sure there is a "normal" length cruise. They have been giving credits for 1, 2, 3, and 4 night cruises. Fourteen 3 night cruises is 42 nights. fourteen 4 nighters is 56 nights. Maybe NMLady was comparing her nights to those numbers.

I am looking forward to finding out if this is an error or a revamp:confused:

Yes, but she has only 7 cruises, and they add up to 68 days (an average of nearly 10 days per cruise), so it seems unlikely she's talking about short 1 to 4 night cruises.

NCL sent out a merger email to quite a few of their customers. I didn't get one for my Latitudes acct (I'm gold) but my mother did get one and since I do all the travel arrangements for cruises for our household, I called. The NCL rep said that for whatever reason she had more than one account. When asked to verify her status, nothing changed. It was still based on total number of cruises completed and she'd just graduated to the GOLD tier. I have more days at sea than her and I didn't move tiers because of it. I'm still GOLD with two more cruises to go before Platinum.

I think NCL is just trying to clean up their databases. Is it a preparation for something more? Who knows. We'll have to continue to wait and see.

My wife and I have both been Platinum for a while, and we also each received emails this past week that we had multiple accounts that were being merged into one account for each of us. The resulting account numbers given in the emails were the ones we were aware of and have been using. We are both still listed as Platinum.

I agree with the comment that they are probably cleaning up their database in anticipation of the introduction of a revised program. That process may still be incomplete, so what people are seeing today may not reflect whatever new definitions are being put into place for the product.

Yes, but she has only 7 cruises, and they add up to 68 days (an average of nearly 10 days per cruise), so it seems unlikely she's talking about short 1 to 4 night cruises.

I meant NMLady may have been comparing her number of nights to somebody who made platinum by taking short cruises.

What are your thoughts in regards to NCL adding a 4th tier? Perhaps calling it Platinum Plus Adding perks like a dedicated lounge with complimentary afternoon Beer, Wine, soft drinks and snacks.

I think NCL should add a few more tiers, with a few more perks added to each additional level. We've been stuck at Platinum for too long, with nothing else to look forward to.

As a newbie cruiser (first one coming up soon).. I am totally AMAZED at the numbers of cruises I am seeing people take. I think it is AWESOME !!!

looking at it from MY perspective?? there are sooooo many people who have amassed MANY days.... that Platinum or even Gold isn't going to mean much.. maybe they are going to have to make a more exclusive number/program, as cruising has EXPLODED as a favourite type of holiday/getaway. just my 2 cents worth.

also.. I have so thoroughly enjoyed my travels through this site... to read all the reviews, answers to questions, watching videos.... I want to thank EVERYONE for their patience to the newbies around.:D

Lynn

Just a wondering, from past Platinum members if both of you (in our case hubby and wife) were same status, did you receive 2 complimentary dinners for the French restaurant (le Bistro ?) or just one per cabin?

I am not Platinum (yet) but have read several threads where each Platinum member receives the free meal for two and a bottle of wine. People said they were able to take another couple with them to LeBistro and they had two bottles of wine with dinner.

I don't see NCL giving away alcohol to platinum plus members, just too expensive.

Maybe NCL will think it is too expensive. Or maybe not. sometimes companies find it advantageous to compete with other lines. Royal Carribean and Celebrity both have venues for free drinks for Diamond (80 Royal cruise points/days) or Elite (10 credits/cruises). I have consumed quite a bit of free wine on RCI in the last couple years:eek:. It seems like a lot of lost revenue if everybody would otherwise buy the drinks (not all would), but the actual cost of the beverages, bought in bulk, is fairly low. For those who like the drinks and company, it does inspire loyalty...

OTOH, I am not sure free drinks at certain hours in a certain lounge sounds freestyle. I would think a glass of beer or house wine or such in dinner venues or lounges on the passengers schedule sounds freestyle.

alcohol aside, it will be interesting to see if (and how) NCL changes the program

Whilst aboard the Jade last I noticed that I had gone from gold to platinum. Did not matter much to me since I do not put much stock in the great benefits offered to each class. However for some it is a must to hold the bragging rights.

Sail on and enjoy regardless of your class.

I am not Platinum (yet) but have read several threads where each Platinum member receives the free meal for two and a bottle of wine. People said they were able to take another couple with them to LeBistro and they had two bottles of wine with dinner.

That's correct. Each Platinum member gets a dinner for two in LeBistro with a bottle of wine. On our last cruise we asked the couple who was sailing with us to join us at dinner in LeBistro, so instead of two dinners for two, we combined them into one complimentary dinner for four with two bottles of wine.

Just a wondering, from past Platinum members if both of you (in our case hubby and wife) were same status, did you receive 2 complimentary dinners for the French restaurant (le Bistro ?) or just one per cabin?

We have on our past several cruises. And if it was a B2B, we'd receive 2 comped dinners for each segment.

Archived