New Latitudes Program to Launch

avalanche2

Still can't get logged on to my account.

Noticed while doing a dummy booking, NCL showed that I was logged on BUt on the dummy booking page, it listed a different Latitudes number than the one I have had since 1997. When I did the lookup Latitudes number thing, I put in my information (including the last sailling) and it automatically filled me in with the number I have been using (as passenger No. 2).

Then, I logged in as my husband -- it said "Hi Linda."

Going to call them now.

Whatever the changes are, I hope they stick. Based on this thread I just checked my account and looks like I skipped Gold and went straight to Platinum (haven't had a chance to check the DW's yet, but it should be the same). We were halfway through Silver, so it's a very pleasant surprise...maybe an early Christmas gift from NCL! :)

Based on this thread, I logged onto myNCL and I am now listed as Gold. An agent told me that you receive OBC when you graduate to a new level. Is this true? If so, how much to you receive. :)

Here's the letter that you will receive. I will forewarn you that it takes months to receive. Again, this is the way it was. If the program is being changed, this perk may disappear.

My husband and I both moved up at the same time. We also received the magnetic photo frame that says "Go FreeStyle." There are little sayings that are magnetized also: "Go Your Own Way," "It's All About Me," "Whatever Floats Your Boat," and "I'm off the Clock" etc. Also colorful luggage tags that indicate Silver Member (eight of them).

"Dear Linda XXX and James XXX,

We truly appreciate having you aboard again and again. Thank you for your continued loyalty and welcome to the Silver tier of Norwegian Cruise Line's exclusive Latitudes Program. To show our appreciation, we've enclosed a magnet frame and luggage tags. Your Silver tier allows you extra onboard benefits on sailings five days or longer that include an exclusive onboard gathering and onboard discounts!

Now are you are already daydreaming about your next cruise with us? Relax, it's only natural! On a Norwegian Cruise Line vacation, you can spoil yourself shamelessly, eat whatever you're craving and have fun doing whatever makes you happy. All according to only one schedule -- yours.

And because we really want you to sail with us again soon, we're pleased to offer you an onboard credit that you can use for whatever you want. Treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment or massage. Go exploring on a Shore Excursion. Flirt with Lady Luck in our exciting casion. It's completely up to you. Make sure you use your Latitudes number everytime you book. That way, you'll always get the special recognition you deserve.

Inside, 3-5 day sailing, $15; 6-day or more sailings, $25.

Oceanview, 3-5 day sailing, $20; 6-day or more sailings, $50.

Balcony, 3-5 day sailing, $40; 6-day or more sailings, $75.

Mini Suite, 3-5 day sailing, $50; 6-day or more sailings, $100.

Suite, 3-5 day sailing, $75; 6-day or more sailings, $150.

Garden Villa, 3-5 day sailing, $100; 6-day or more sailings, $250.

*Onboard credit offer valid for six months after completion of the last cruise. Category may vary per ship. One onboard credit per stateroom. See NCL.com/latitudes for full terms and conditions.

Don't forget to visit the special Latitudes section at www.ncl.com/latitudes. Once again, thanks for sailing with us.

See you onboard soon.

Maria Miller

Senior vice president, marketing.

**If you are booking your cruise with a travel agent, please provide your Latitudes # and have the travel agent call NCL to apply the coupon to your reservation. If you are booking your cruise online, please call NCL with your Latitudes # for an NCL agent to apply the coupon to your reservation. IMPORTANT: The coupon will not be valid unless an NCL agent applies it to your reservation prior to your cruise.

Don't be surprised if the OBC benefit for advancing levels is eliminated or substantially modified as part of the revised Latitudes program. I may be wrong, but I can't see NCL giving away OBCs simply because modifications to the program caused you to move from one level to another. I can see NCL continuing to offer an OBC if you advance levels due to completing additional cruises.

Don't be surprised if the OBC benefit for advancing levels is eliminated or substantially modified as part of the revised Latitudes program. I may be wrong, but I can't see NCL giving away OBCs simply because modifications to the program caused you to move from one level to another. I can see NCL continuing to offer an OBC if you advance levels due to completing additional cruises.

And they may keep it in place. What a great marketing play. 1000s getting upgraded at once all having to cruise in the next 6 months or lose the OBC. Better then a Black Friday Sale ;)

Here's the letter that you will receive. I will forewarn you that it takes months to receive. Again, this is the way it was. If the program is being changed, this perk may disappear.

My husband and I both moved up at the same time. We also received the magnetic photo frame that says "Go FreeStyle." There are little sayings that are magnetized also: "Go Your Own Way," "It's All About Me," "Whatever Floats Your Boat," and "I'm off the Clock" etc. Also colorful luggage tags that indicate Silver Member (eight of them).

"Dear Linda XXX and James XXX,

We truly appreciate having you aboard again and again. Thank you for your continued loyalty and welcome to the Silver tier of Norwegian Cruise Line's exclusive Latitudes Program. To show our appreciation, we've enclosed a magnet frame and luggage tags. Your Silver tier allows you extra onboard benefits on sailings five days or longer that include an exclusive onboard gathering and onboard discounts!

Now are you are already daydreaming about your next cruise with us? Relax, it's only natural! On a Norwegian Cruise Line vacation, you can spoil yourself shamelessly, eat whatever you're craving and have fun doing whatever makes you happy. All according to only one schedule -- yours.

And because we really want you to sail with us again soon, we're pleased to offer you an onboard credit that you can use for whatever you want. Treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment or massage. Go exploring on a Shore Excursion. Flirt with Lady Luck in our exciting casion. It's completely up to you. Make sure you use your Latitudes number everytime you book. That way, you'll always get the special recognition you deserve.

Inside, 3-5 day sailing, $15; 6-day or more sailings, $25.

Oceanview, 3-5 day sailing, $20; 6-day or more sailings, $50.

Balcony, 3-5 day sailing, $40; 6-day or more sailings, $75.

Mini Suite, 3-5 day sailing, $50; 6-day or more sailings, $100.

Suite, 3-5 day sailing, $75; 6-day or more sailings, $150.

Garden Villa, 3-5 day sailing, $100; 6-day or more sailings, $250.

*Onboard credit offer valid for six months after completion of the last cruise. Category may vary per ship. One onboard credit per stateroom. See NCL.com/latitudes for full terms and conditions.

Don't forget to visit the special Latitudes section at www.ncl.com/latitudes. Once again, thanks for sailing with us.

See you onboard soon.

Maria Miller

Senior vice president, marketing.

**If you are booking your cruise with a travel agent, please provide your Latitudes # and have the travel agent call NCL to apply the coupon to your reservation. If you are booking your cruise online, please call NCL with your Latitudes # for an NCL agent to apply the coupon to your reservation. IMPORTANT: The coupon will not be valid unless an NCL agent applies it to your reservation prior to your cruise.

My GF received her up grade packaged within a month from returning from our last cruise which was in October of this year so maybe NCL is getting better

As a newbie cruiser (first one coming up soon).. I am totally AMAZED at the numbers of cruises I am seeing people take. I think it is AWESOME !!!

looking at it from MY perspective?? there are sooooo many people who have amassed MANY days.... that Platinum or even Gold isn't going to mean much.. maybe they are going to have to make a more exclusive number/program, as cruising has EXPLODED as a favourite type of holiday/getaway. just my 2 cents worth.

also.. I have so thoroughly enjoyed my travels through this site... to read all the reviews, answers to questions, watching videos.... I want to thank EVERYONE for their patience to the newbies around.:D

Lynn

Welcome to cruisecritic. One thing you'll find about rewards programs is that its more about the status of reaching a certain level for most people then it is about what you get for being at a high level. We've cruised 10 times and I've always said the best reward you can get is the one that rewards your wallet. So hunt around for cruises that are cheaper, try different lines on different dates, consider a credit card that gets you free airfare such as Delta Skymiles for instance - we're Canadians who live an hour from the border and this one really helps keep costs down.

When you think about it, is it worth being "loyal" to a cruiseline when all you get is a free speciality meal or you get to board before anyone else does? Big whoop. Stay loyal to your wallet, you'll get to experience different cruise lines and you'll save far more money then any of the so called loyalty programs will ever save you.

When you think about it, is it worth being "loyal" to a cruiseline when all you get is a free speciality meal or you get to board before anyone else does? Big whoop. Stay loyal to your wallet, you'll get to experience different cruise lines and you'll save far more money then any of the so called loyalty programs will ever save you.

Yes, yes it is worth being loyal. Especially if you really enjoy the experience of your particular cruiseline.

Some may SAY other lines have variants of Freestyle, but that's exactly what they are...variants.

Freestyle is a successfully-implemented "have it your way" system which NCL pioneered.

I strayed once, and regretted it. Princess claimed to have Anytime Dining as a direct response to Freestyle dining...but it was just the same menu in 4 different-themed sections of the same large dining room (with Conference Centre-type wall partitions).

If you enjoy the product, then staying loyal and gaining additional incremental benefits is most definately worthwhile.

Not everyone is fixated on their wallet.

Yes, yes it is worth being loyal. Especially if you really enjoy the experience of your particular cruiseline.

Some may SAY other lines have variants of Freestyle, but that's exactly what they are...variants.

Freestyle is a successfully-implemented "have it your way" system which NCL pioneered.

I strayed once, and regretted it. Princess claimed to have Anytime Dining as a direct response to Freestyle dining...but it was just the same menu in 4 different-themed sections of the same large dining room (with Conference Centre-type wall partitions).

If you enjoy the product, then staying loyal and gaining additional incremental benefits is most definately worthwhile.

Not everyone is fixated on their wallet.

Its not a matter of being fixated, it a matter of not being fooled by a program that pretends to give you a reward when it really doesn't amount ot a hill of beans. You're different, you like the NCL product and want to stay. You're happy and in your case, why shouldn't you try to get whatever perk you can but you're not staying on NCL for the perks, you;re staying because you prefer it to any other line. That's a big difference to people (and there are many) who think if they stay "loyal" they'll actually get something of great value out of it. They won't.

Let me give you an example. We really enjoy RCI, in fact it is our favourite line. A couple of years ago when we were one cruise away from their next loyalty level (whatever it is, I can't think what it is called) we decided to try Carnival. We saved almost $400 on 2 successive cruises with them by NOT staying loyal to RCI. That's $800 in total. Their loyalty program is not going to save me anywhere near that kind of money and still provide a fun cruise for us.

If you've tried a cruise line and really like it, great. Enjoy. But the rewards program is not what is keeping you there, its their product.

...Let me give you an example. We really enjoy RCI, in fact it is our favourite line. A couple of years ago when we were one cruise away from their next loyalty level (whatever it is, I can't think what it is called) we decided to try Carnival. We saved almost $400 on 2 successive cruises with them by NOT staying loyal to RCI. That's $800 in total. Their loyalty program is not going to save me anywhere near that kind of money and still provide a fun cruise for us.

If you've tried a cruise line and really like it, great. Enjoy. But the rewards program is not what is keeping you there, its their product.

Hmmm, for you it might not save $400 a cruise to stay loyal to Royal, but for some it might. I have seen people put away a lot of free drinks during the nightly cocktail hour(s):eek: for Diamond or Diamond plus. Add any balcony discount or discount coupon, free photos, free internet, free laundry, free specialty coffees, etc, and I believe there are people who save more than $400 per cruise by staying loyal to Royal. Now, frankly I found it scary to watch some of those people and wondered what damage they might be doing to their bodies...On one transatlantic cruise, I quietly nicknamed the overflow bar to cirrhotic lounge, as many of the bigger drinkers hung out at that bar for hours each night pouring down drinks. If making Diamond (+) does not save two of you $400 per (short-medium) cruise, you probably are not one of those people. Those I like a free glass of wine or two, I kinda hope NCL ever doesn't go as far with the free drinks...

Archived