Booking 3rd person (child) in room?

mommy2eee

I was doing a mock booking on carnival and it was showing full fares for 3 people in the room. Is there a discount for the third person who happens to be DD5. I did a similar one on a local travel site and it discounted the third person. Am I doing something wrong or is there even such a thing?

Thanks!

I was doing a mock booking on carnival and it was showing full fares for 3 people in the room. Is there a discount for the third person who happens to be DD5. I did a similar one on a local travel site and it discounted the third person. Am I doing something wrong or is there even such a thing?

Thanks!

They discount the 3rd person but add all the charges and average them, so your seeing the "average price per person". You have to go all the way to the end for it to show the actual individual prices. :)

I am not sure if there is a 3rd person discount per se, but I was playing around with the booking and when I had it for 2 people it was one price, same cruise, same category room was cheaper per person when I changed it to 3. So I guess they discount everybody a little. I hope a more experienced cruiser will chime in.

I am not sure if there is a 3rd person discount per se, but I was playing around with the booking and when I had it for 2 people it was one price, same cruise, same category room was cheaper per person when I changed it to 3. So I guess they discount everybody a little. I hope a more experienced cruiser will chime in.

No, as above poster tried to explain .. on carnival.com when there are 3 or more pax, .. they AVERAGE the prices. these are not the real prices. these are averages. If later for instance you wanted to put in for a price drop, you would want to know the real prices. these are NOT the real prices, they are averages of the 3 prices.

Look on a TA site for the same booking and maybe it will be clearer.

No, as above poster tried to explain .. on carnival.com when there are 3 or more pax, .. they AVERAGE the prices. these are not the real prices. these are averages. If later for instance you wanted to put in for a price drop, you would want to know the real prices. these are NOT the real prices, they are averages of the 3 prices.

Look on a TA site for the same booking and maybe it will be clearer.

But even for the price drops you have to do it by total price for cabin. So individual prices don't matter. At least that is how I submit them- per cabin.

The rates as noted are averaged across the number of people in the room. But the way it is figured is that person one and two pay a certain amount no matter how many people are coming. Persons 3-5 pay a very reduced amount. So, for example, a room for 2 might be $750 per person, or $1,500. The same room for 3 will be about $1,800. And for 4, about $2,100. But using fare viewer the room for 4 will come up with a price of $525 per person.

But even for the price drops you have to do it by total price for cabin. So individual prices don't matter. At least that is how I submit them- per cabin.

The rates as noted are averaged across the number of people in the room. But the way it is figured is that person one and two pay a certain amount no matter how many people are coming. Persons 3-5 pay a very reduced amount. So, for example, a room for 2 might be $750 per person, or $1,500. The same room for 3 will be about $1,800. And for 4, about $2,100. But using fare viewer the room for 4 will come up with a price of $525 per person.

Sorry to differ with you but fare viewer give TOTAL price not per person.

I have always submitted my price drops per person. News to me that others only give the total amount. I think its a lot clearer to say rate is $569 pp, the price on carnival is now $529, $40 pp X 2 = $80 price drop.

I spell it out in the comments, and never once have given it as a total, I break it down pp.

Why would you think you needed to add everything together when its given pp? as a rate?

Or for a small cruise, I say my current cost basis is $239 pp, and the senior rate is $219, $20 pp price drop = $40 total.

We travel with our granddaughter and the third person rate can be confusing. When you check out the prices on the Carnival website it looks like the 3 per person prices are equal but when you book they are not. The first and second person are in reality much higher.

When we check for price drops for our early saver it always shows us a total cabin price and we base it off of that.

I have always submitted my price drops per person. News to me that others only give the total amount. I think its a lot clearer to say rate is $569 pp, the price on carnival is now $529, $40 pp X 2 = $80 price drop.

I spell it out in the comments, and never once have given it as a total, I break it down pp.

Why would you think you needed to add everything together when its given pp? as a rate?

Or for a small cruise, I say my current cost basis is $239 pp, and the senior rate is $219, $20 pp price drop = $40 total.

Doesn't the form ask for the total price? I just give them the total fare from fare viewer- but however you do it, we all end up the same.- answered my own question:

What is the total fare that you see available for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests?

And B and C- I was going on what others had said above but you are right- I was confusing fare viewer with mocking up a cruise.

Doesn't the form ask for the total price? I just give them the total fare from fare viewer- but however you do it, we all end up the same.- answered my own question:

What is the total fare that you see available for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests?

And B and C- I was going on what others had said above but you are right- I was confusing fare viewer with mocking up a cruise.

I read total fare as $569 pp... they always seem to understand that that is the per person rate?

It doesnt say you have to add up both rates and add them together, its just how each of us reads it.

The fare is per person .. so thats how I give it to them. You decided to interpret it different, thats all.

This is the way I have done it too. Three times for this cruise.:) I guess they figure out what we all mean.

Archived