Allure questions

Just booked on Allure for spring break! So very excited!

Had a couple of quick questions though....

1. Does the allure have an adult only pool?

2. Does anybody know how the kids clubs compare to Disney cruises (my kids LOVED the kids club on DCL...they didn't ever want to leave them)!

3. Is there a height requirement for the zip line? My 9 year old is dying to do that.

4. In Jamaica how far do you have to drive to get either Negril or Ocho Rio?

Thanks everybody!

2. Does anybody know how the kids clubs compare to Disney cruises (my kids LOVED the kids club on DCL...they didn't ever want to leave them)!

3. Is there a height requirement for the zip line? My 9 year old is dying to do that.

Thanks everybody!

1. Yes

2. not sure

3. Requirements

Weight requirements; minimum of 75lbs and maximum 275lbs. Height requirement; minimum of 52" tall. Clothing requirements; no loose jewelry, no watches, no sunglasses, no skirts, appropriate secure closed toe shoes. All Clothing must be completely dry when participating on the Zip Line.

4. Negril 2 hours

Ocho Rios 1 hr 10 minutes

Thanks everybody!

Yes, there is an adult pool in the Solarium, but it is very small, more the size of a large hot tub. Can't help with the other questions.

Thank you!! I think my 9 year old will make the height requirement but might be underweight b/c he so super skinny. Maybe after halloween by the time he eats all his candy he will pack on some pounds! LOL.

Ankle weights under his long pants.

Jimbo:)

Ankle weights under his long pants.

Jimbo:)

Remind me to look up when walking on the boardwalk if we are on the same sailing and you go this route. My luck I'll get hit in the head by an ankle weight that slipped loose and be knocked out cold :-P haha

Remind me to look up when walking on the boardwalk if we are on the same sailing and you go this route. My luck I'll get hit in the head by an ankle weight that slipped loose and be knocked out cold :-P haha

Also was thinking the same thing about the ankle waits falling off.

BTW I'm on the same Allure 11/6/11 sailing .

Thank you!! I think my 9 year old will make the height requirement but might be underweight b/c he so super skinny. Maybe after halloween by the time he eats all his candy he will pack on some pounds! LOL.

A recent review actually had a similar situation, the daughter was underweight by a few pounds when they first got on the ship, but after a few days of eating she made it to the 75 lb mark! So have your son start eating now :D

As far as the kids clubs, I haven't been on Disney, but had read up a lot on it as we considered our cruises. I believe the biggest difference is that RCL separates by age group where as Disney does not. The age groups are 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, and then the teen groups. Adventure Ocean does a great job of having age appropriate activities! There is so much to do, my kids were NEVER bored! There is a science lab with High Touch High Tech, a Crayola Art Lab, a separate Adventure Ocean theater, etc. The facilities are amazing!

Archived