Port Liberty Access

Bobed1927

Last year we did a Princess New England cruise sailing out of Brooklyn. We flew into JFK, hired a car to take us into our NYC hotel (stayed two nights precruise) and then had a car to deliver us to the ship in Brooklyn. I didn't particularly care for the ship because it was a little too big for my taste.

We're thinking about another New England cruise next fall and notice that the Constellation has a nice itinerary. My question is about the travel logistics. Is it feasible to fly into JFK again, stay in NYC and then hire a car to take us to the port in New Jersey or would the difference in distances to the ports make it much more expensive and/or unmanageable?

Last year we did a Princess New England cruise sailing out of Brooklyn. We flew into JFK, hired a car to take us into our NYC hotel (stayed two nights precruise) and then had a car to deliver us to the ship in Brooklyn. I didn't particularly care for the ship because it was a little too big for my taste.

We're thinking about another New England cruise next fall and notice that the Constellation has a nice itinerary. My question is about the travel logistics. Is it feasible to fly into JFK again, stay in NYC and then hire a car to take us to the port in New Jersey or would the difference in distances to the ports make it much more expensive and/or unmanageable?

Really depends on whether you are going to do any sightseeing. Newark Airport is 15 minutes from the pier and is actually closer to Manhattan than JFK. If you intend to do some sightseeing, a hotel in NYC is going to be very expensive as well as transportation to the hotel and/or pier from JFK. Newark is really the way to go either way.

Yes. My SO wants to do some shopping and we'd like to see a show. Also I'd like to have at least one meal at the Carnegie Deli. I have enough Starwood points to cover a hotel in Manhattan. Your suggestion to fly in and out of Newark is helpful.

Archived