Hotels in Seattle, WA

newgrandma

We are staying (and have stayed in the past) at the Sleep Inn Sea-Tac. It has a free airport shuttle (airport to hotel) and is very, very close to the airport. The front desk will arrange a towncar the next morning (which you pay for) to take you to the pier. We have always gotten a Saturday night stay here for $100 or less, with free continental breakfast and an IHOP on the grounds. :)

Jill

the airport offers cheaper rooms but is absolutely not convenient to sightseeing or anything else. If saving $$ and getting a free shuttle then this will suffice but the airport is 17 miles from downtown Seattle. The Sleep inn is on an industrial highway if thats what you had in mind.

• 1 month later...
Do you have any recommendations for hotels closer to the downtown and attractions?

sure, look on tripadvisor .com Seattle forum. Look on top right corner. Suggest less expensive hotels eithe downtown by using Hotwire or Priceline or select a location by the Space Needle. Look at hotelcoupons.com as well

We booked the Warwick hotel. While it doesn't have a shuttle from the airport, the room we got is inexpensive (by Seattle standards..where everything is VERY expensive!), and they have a package that gets you a room, breakfast the next morning and a ride to the pier.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Westin which location wise, really couldn't be beat. We were able to walk nearly everywhere for sightseeing. We did take a cab to dinner at the pier one night but walked back.

Of course, it is a more expensive hotel, but we bid on Priceline for a 4 star hotel and were able to get a very reasonable rate.

We just booked another cruise to Alaska with our kids and are looking for a place to stay.

I'm not a big fan of Quick Shuttle as it makes a ton of stops, however it stops near the space needle as it 'downtown' stop. You could park your luggage at the hotel it stops at, visit the needle or take the monorail into downtown to look around. A cab from downtown to airport is a flat $32 or light rail is $2.75.

You could also look at amtrak bus or train which makes NO stops and the train station is in pioneer square in downtown seattle.

look for more info on tripadvisor.com seattle forum

We stayed at the Westin which location wise, really couldn't be beat. We were able to walk nearly everywhere for sightseeing. We did take a cab to dinner at the pier one night but walked back.

Of course, it is a more expensive hotel, but we bid on Priceline for a 4 star hotel and were able to get a very reasonable rate.

We just booked another cruise to Alaska with our kids and are looking for a place to stay.

When did you stay at the Westin, and what was the priceline price?

I'm not a big fan of Quick Shuttle as it makes a ton of stops, however it stops near the space needle as it 'downtown' stop. You could park your luggage at the hotel it stops at, visit the needle or take the monorail into downtown to look around. A cab from downtown to airport is a flat $32 or light rail is $2.75.

This poster is a bus driver who drives for some company that competes with Quick Shuttle so his opinon on this subject is less than objective. Quick Shuttle has operated between Vancouver and Seattle for years and has thousands of satisfied customers. If you check their sked online you will see that that during the summer cruise season they operate a number of express trips from Canada Place to Seattle.

When did you stay at the Westin, and what was the priceline price?

We stayed there 7 yrs ago for around $130 a night including tax. However, since posting yesterday, I've found reviews online mentioning the Westin's need for an update.

We are looking for a hotel not far from a downtown light rail station to avoid taking a cab from the airport.

This poster is a bus driver who drives for some company that competes with Quick Shuttle so his opinon on this subject is less than objective. Quick Shuttle has operated between Vancouver and Seattle for years and has thousands of satisfied customers. If you check their sked online you will see that that during the summer cruise season they operate a number of express trips from Canada Place to Seattle.

Excuse me, I don't work for a competitor. I'm a tour gujide that commutes from Seattle to Vancouver several times a month and I charter buses from the parent company of Quick shuttle. The drivers I talk to have often told me how long some trips take to cross the border. I also do tours where we cross the border sharing the bus lanes with Quick Shuttle. I've had the situation of coming back from Canada and getting stuck at the border for hours. My opinion is from being a 'customer' of Quick shuttle and spending 5 hrs getting to downtown Seattle. I'm the first to tell you that logistically they are the easiest and if you have an express thats leaving the cruise dock direct to the border and they can bypass the lanes cause they are coming from a secured area then they are good. If your stuck on their regular commuter bus route then there are far better options, notably Amtrak Bus or train and no I don't work for Amtrak either.

Excuse me, I don't work for a competitor. I'm a tour gujide that commutes from Seattle to Vancouver several times a month and I charter buses from the parent company of Quick shuttle.

Then perhaps Quick Shuttle would like to hear how you pan them on every occasion possible. In the past you have identified yourself as a bus driver and when pressed you have admitted that Quick Shuttle do a good job.

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning a 1 1/2 day visit to Seattle Post Cruise. I have Hilton Points and can get Homewood Suites by Hilton® Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street . Is this close to the Space Needle, Pikes Market and Duck Tour.

I don't think we will have much time left to do anything else.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We are taking Princess out of Pier 91 and are taking the Light Rail to downtown and then staying at The Moore Hotel. The Moore Hotel is in a great location and is VERY affordable. For transportation to the pier we're going to take a cab. The lady at The Moore Hotel told us we could take the bus because it wouldn't be a bad ride and it's common to see people on the weekends with luggage. I think we'll opt for a taxi cab, though.

Archived