Hotels in Seattle, WA

newgrandma

I decided to book The Paramount Hotel given the number of glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. They have a AAA rate of $149. Given the location right at the Westlake Station, 6 blocks from the Pike Place Market, and right in the heart of shopping, I am pretty happy.

I decided to book The Paramount Hotel given the number of glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. They have a AAA rate of $149. Given the location right at the Westlake Station, 6 blocks from the Pike Place Market, and right in the heart of shopping, I am pretty happy.

Great price and location!

This is what we did in late May of 2009 before boarding Rapsody. We flew into Seattle on a Friday. We arrive mid afternoon and only wanted at place to sleep before boarding the ship on Saturday. I did some research and found out that by using Hotwire and picking a three and a half star hotel at Seatac I "most likely" would get the Double Tree. The Double Tree it was which had a free shuttle service from the airport every half hour. I think I paid something like $68 and was completely satisfied. Note: I have heard of people being disappointed with Hotwire but I have never had a problem. You could make bids on Priceline for a downtown Seattle hotel but I have found that four star hotels sell out fast for the cruise season and a $100 bid can be easily turned down. I'm sure if you do your homework things will work out just fine. Tim

Rapsody of the Sea May 2009 Alaska

Rapsody of the Seas January 2010 Austrailia (I guess we like Rapsody also)

We are pricing an Alaskan Cruise for next year and will plan on coming in late the day before we sail with no plans to sight see that night. We can get a Sleep Inn near Sea Tac for a great price due to retired military rate, any reason to not stay there? Is it dirty, in a bad area, anyone had a bad experience there? Also what would be our best bet to get to the pier the next day. 6 adults, 2 children?

Thanks for your help!

Kathy

We are pricing an Alaskan Cruise for next year and will plan on coming in late the day before we sail with no plans to sight see that night. We can get a Sleep Inn near Sea Tac for a great price due to retired military rate, any reason to not stay there? Is it dirty, in a bad area, anyone had a bad experience there? Also what would be our best bet to get to the pier the next day. 6 adults, 2 children?

Thanks for your help!

Kathy

I haven't stayed there but I know the neighborhood (I live not far away). The Sleep Inn is south of the airport on International Boulevard. It's a so-so area--kind of a typical airport business strip, perhaps not a place you'd want to go for a long walk at night, but there's not a whole lot to walk to around there anyway! You'll need a shuttle or a cab to get to and from the airport, or the light rail, or anyplace you're likely to want to go for dinner.

Thanks for your help!

Kathy

I agree with casagordita's description. The hotel looks quite nice; not an area you'd want to walk around at night but there's nothing to walk to. You can take taxi or a towncar from the airport to either pier. Phone numbers for Yellow Cab and Stila are in the Port's web site ( they have the airport contract). I'd call both and ask what it would cost to transport a group your size.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Shuttle Express has scheduled service from the airport to both piers for $18pp leaving every 1/2 hr (your hotel shuttle could drop you off at the airport). They also have limos/sedans/vans for small groups. A small van might be the same price as 6 tickets and they would come to the hotel. http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises

Seattle Shuttle is another vendor used for pier transfers.

Thanks for your help!

Kathy

Hi Kathy - we have the same # of people minus one child. We got a 2 bdrm suite (either 2 queens and 1 king or 2 kings and a pull out) at the residence inn under a senior rate of 144 right near the pier downtown. I would check into their pricing! they were willing to negotiate as well!:D

In May 2010 I snagged the Sheraton Downtown for $95 a night on Hotwire. Took light rail from the airport - hotel was one block from the station. Was a few blocks to the Pike Place Market. Not particularly close to the Space Needle but it didn't seem to be too far.

Not sure if you qualify for any discounts or not but I called the Hyatt this week and found out that since hubby works for a gov't contractor we're eligible for a contractor's rate. Try calling and find out if any of your professions are eligible for a discount. It took the rate from about $235 to $137 per night.

Cresad,

Can you tell me which Residence you used or are using. I see many of them!

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

800 Fairview Avenue North,

Seattle, Washington 98109 USA

Phone: 1-206-624-6000Fax: 1-206-223-8160

Hi Kathy - we have the same # of people minus one child. We got a 2 bdrm suite (either 2 queens and 1 king or 2 kings and a pull out) at the residence inn under a senior rate of 144 right near the pier downtown. I would check into their pricing! they were willing to negotiate as well!:D

I wouldn't say that the Residence Inn is close to the pier. The hotel is at the south end of Lake Union, not the downtown waterfront. But it's also not that far away, less than 2 miles, a $10-$15 taxi ride.

I really like the Lake Union area. It's close enough to downtown that everything is accessible but it's also quieter and the lake is fun ... lots of motor boats, sail boats, kayaks, even scheduled air service off the lake.

There's a street car nearby that will take you to Westlake Center in the heart of downtown for $2.50-$3, but for a group your size you might as well take a cab!

I really like the Lake Union area. It's close enough to downtown that everything is accessible but it's also quieter and the lake is fun ... lots of motor boats, sail boats, kayaks, even scheduled air service off the lake.

There's a street car nearby that will take you to Westlake Center in the heart of downtown for $2.50-$3, but for a group your size you might as well take a cab!

We like the area too and the access to the street car is handy. Whole Foods is the stop prior to Westlake, as I remember. Once purchased the street car tickets are good for 2 hours. We stayed there a couple weeks ago.

Archived