Drag Queen shows

Dog Drool

We were down in May for a land vacation and did not see shows going on during the day. I'm sure you can get pictures (have seen walking around during the day), adult son and friend had pictures taken with a couple. They are very friendly and funny and a hoot to talk to. Beautiful clothing.

I will be in KW from 8:00am to 5:00 pm is there a good drag show to go to. I have always wanted to go. Will I be able to take photos of the girls? My mom sews and would love to see the costumes.

No daytime shows but like someone said you see a drag queen or two just before your departure near the 801 Bourbon Bar.

Mike:)

As a Key West native...I can tell you that there are no drag shows during the day. On Sunday's Karayoke starts at 4 and usually Gassy Winds is hosting. You can see her at 801 Duval. Now, I can tell you that if you want to see a show, and you are only there during the day...you can call 801 (a week or two in advance) and schedule a daytime show upstairs with Sushi and her "girls." I know them very well and are always willing to put on a show. Of course you will have to pay for the private event... 100-300 bucks or so...but is it SOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have a group it is way cheaper than an excursion!!!!!!!!!!Drag shows are a hoot!!!!!! For those that have never been to a drag show...they are harmless and a lot of fun!!! You dont see anthing personal...it is just a GREAT TIME! I suggest asking for Sushi, Deja or Gugi. They are the BEST!

• 2 weeks later...

The best evening shows are at LaTeDa. Both Christopher Peterson and Randy Roberts are nationally recognized for their talent and have headlined in Vegas and other places.

Both of them sing their own lyrics and no lip syncing is involved.

You don't want to miss their shows if you are in Key West in the evening.

• 5 weeks later...
The best evening shows are at LaTeDa. Both Christopher Peterson and Randy Roberts are nationally recognized for their talent and have headlined in Vegas and other places.

Thanks, I'll put it at the top of our list.

Joni

I will second this opinion 100%. The show at LaTeDa is the best drag show in Key West. Before the show, grab a drink at the outside bar. Jason makes the best martinis in Key West and they come with a sidecar. Afterwards, enjoy the piano and cabaret singer in the downstairs lounge.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived