Balcony discount Diamond v Diamond +

bibbysnow

I know that the balcony discount for Diamond level is $100.00. What is the balcony discount for Diamond +?

I told my TA that my next cruise would be my first as Diamond +. After it was paid for and I mentioned it again she said that I would have a $25 shipboard credit on my cruise.

Courtesy of Cruisinfever:

Effective January 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members as well as OBC being offered when booking on board.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Patti (& Jim)

Please note, I did not originally provide this information, I just copied it from another thread. Thank Patti, not me!:D

courtesy of cruisinfever:

effective january 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for platinum, emerald, diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members as well as obc being offered when booking on board.

platinum balcony discount when booking more than 6 months from sailing date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

emerald balcony discount when booking more than 6 months from sailing date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

diamond balcony discount when booking more than 6 months from sailing date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

diamond plus & pinnacle balcony discount when booking more than 6 months from sailing date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*when booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

obc from booking on board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

patti (& jim)

please note, i did not originally provide this information, i just copied it from another thread. Thank patti, not me!:d

thank you very much!!

We are D, not D+ yet, but I haven't heard about a $25 OBC for D+! I wonder if your TA was talking about the extra $25 discount when bookings are made more than 6 months out? Maybe you had already paid that $25 and once the discount was applied it will be given back as OBC?

Judy

Forgot! There are OBCs when you book onboard, so if this is a short cruise (3-5 nt) and you booked it aboard, then there is a $25 OBC. See the last part of the list Patti posted.

Have you always had to book >6 months out to get the balcony discount? I've gotten it a number of times and have never known that.

No - you still get a discount, but you get $25 more discount if your booking is more than 6 months out. We are D, so my experience is with how it works for D. (If booked more than 6 mos. out, D discount is $225 on a 7 night cruise. If booked less than 6 mos. out, D discount is $200 on a 7 night cruise.)

Look at the chart Patti originally posted. There's a statement with an * at the bottom of the chart.

*when booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

The discounts used to be the same no matter when you booked. The change with the extra $25 discount for booking >6 mos. out was made with the other C&A changes in January.

Judy

We are D, not D+ yet, but I haven't heard about a $25 OBC for D+! I wonder if your TA was talking about the extra $25 discount when bookings are made more than 6 months out? Maybe you had already paid that $25 and once the discount was applied it will be given back as OBC?

Judy

Forgot! There are OBCs when you book onboard, so if this is a short cruise (3-5 nt) and you booked it aboard, then there is a $25 OBC. See the last part of the list Patti posted.

We were only given a $100 credit on our booking. We got an additional $25 for being Diamond +. That was not given at our booking.

No - you still get a discount, but you get $25 more discount if your booking is more than 6 months out. We are D, so my experience is with how it works for D. (If booked more than 6 mos. out, D discount is $225 on a 7 night cruise. If booked less than 6 mos. out, D discount is $200 on a 7 night cruise.)

Look at the chart Patti originally posted. There's a statement with an * at the bottom of the chart.

The discounts used to be the same no matter when you booked. The change with the extra $25 discount for booking >6 mos. out was made with the other C&A changes in January.

Judy

Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying!

We were only given a $100 credit on our booking. We got an additional $25 for being Diamond +. That was not given at our booking.

Based on what you posted, it appears that you booked your next cruise less than 6 months out, and when you booked it you were still D. You became D+ at the end of that cruise, and your TA called C&A and they adjusted the booking due to your new status. So the booking confirmation you were given on board would have shown a $100 credit, and your new confirmation should now show a $125 credit.

Archived