Cape Liberty Access

Bobed1927

Last year we did a Princess New England cruise sailing out of Brooklyn. We flew into JFK, hired a car to take us into our NYC hotel (stayed two nights precruise) and then had a car to deliver us to the ship in Brooklyn. I didn't particularly care for the ship because it was a little too big for my taste.

We're thinking about another New England cruise next fall and notice that the Summit has a nice itinerary. My question is about the travel logistics. We would like to fly in a couple of days early and stay in Manhattan again. My SO wants to do some shopping, see a show, and I want to visit the Carnegie Deli at least once. I have enough Starwood points for the NYC hotel. I'm unfamiliar with Cape Liberty. Is it feasible to fly into JFK again (or Newark), stay in NYC and then hire a car to take us to the port in New Jersey or would the the distance to Cape Liberty make the cost of the car prohibitive?

a car service is the way to go as you'll know the price ahead..AND NYC cabs do not have to go into New Jersey (except to the airport..)

if you're going to stay in NYC..you can fly into JFK then take a car service (nicer than a cab....but you could do a cab too..) http://www.dial7.com , http://www.carmellimo.com are a couple and there is http://www.arecibocc.com

then stay in NYC and get a car service to the pier....

if you're going to fly back, Hmm....perhaps it would be easier to use EWR...

i would think some NYers will have more info..

Last year we did a Princess New England cruise sailing out of Brooklyn. We flew into JFK, hired a car to take us into our NYC hotel (stayed two nights precruise) and then had a car to deliver us to the ship in Brooklyn. I didn't particularly care for the ship because it was a little too big for my taste.

We're thinking about another New England cruise next fall and notice that the Summit has a nice itinerary. My question is about the travel logistics. We would like to fly in a couple of days early and stay in Manhattan again. My SO wants to do some shopping, see a show, and I want to visit the Carnegie Deli at least once. I have enough Starwood points for the NYC hotel. I'm unfamiliar with Cape Liberty. Is it feasible to fly into JFK again (or Newark), stay in NYC and then hire a car to take us to the port in New Jersey or would the the distance to Cape Liberty make the cost of the car prohibitive?

You can also fly into Newark and stay at an airport hotel, take a train into Penn Station then a car service to the port. You can mass transit trips on the NJ Transit website.

Archived