B2B on the Freedom - Question

ckrobyn

I have done many B2B's, all on the Adventure out of San Juan. I have never had to disembark on turnaround day or go through customs. We are always just issued 'In Transit" passes and we do what we want all morning onboard.

Do we have to disembark the ship on Port Canaveral?

I have done many B2B's, all on the Adventure out of San Juan. I have never had to disembark on turnaround day or go through customs. We are always just issued 'In Transit" passes and we do what we want all morning onboard.

I've never done a B2B on Freedom, but on Monarch you are required to leave the ship briefly to go through customs, and then you can immediately re-board. Total time off the ship is 15 minutes. New SeaPass cards are given by the Guest Relations rep right before we leave the ship. We are given the option to leave the terminal if we wish, however if we choose that option, we cannot re-board until the new guests are coming on board.

Bob

At Port Everglades, you must go through customs also. Once, it was as Bob described; on the Independence, customs met us in a small dining room and we never got off. There were more than 50 of us. The first scenario is more common.

My wife and I have done 2 B2B Cruises and one Customs met everyone in a dinning room and the other we had to leave the ship long enough to go through customs and then back on the ship. My guess with hightened security in ports you'll have to get off and go through customs. But cross your fingers that you'll get to stay on.

We just completed a B2B on the Freedom. There were 50 of us doing the turn around on Sunday Oct, 2nd. We met in one of the public lounges and waited until all the other passengers had disembarked. We received numerous count downs on how many people were still on board. At that point we were taken off the ship and used our Seapass card for the last time. Went into the terminal and directly through immigrations. Almost just a walk through. After everyone cleared Customs we were taken to a waiting area in the Terminal and received our new Seapass. Soon the ship was cleared for reboarding. As a group we headed for the ramp to go back on board the ship. I noticed that people on wheel chairs were waiting in a different line on deck to ding-in before officially boarding. They had to wait until we all dinged-in. Even though the Hallway doors are closed to prevent people from going to their cabins we were told it was OK for us to go to our staterooms whenever we wanted. Which we did.

Even though the Hallway doors are closed to prevent people from going to their cabins we were told it was OK for us to go to our staterooms whenever we wanted. Which we did.

We were told the same thing, but a lady standing at the door was very insistent that we couldn't because they were cleaning. We insisted too and after receiving the okay from our stateroom attendant, she let us walk through. So if they don't let you to your cabin, make sure to insist. :)

Thanks for the replies. Looks as if we do need to disembark, if only for a short while. Don't worry, I will insist on entry to the cabin hallways so I can go back to my cabin when I want to :) I always tell our cabin attendant to clean our cabin last if they have time, and if not - not to worry about it!

Archived