Marina cabin questions

lrcruising

We have cruised on Princess, Norweigian, Rccl and Carnival many times but this will be our first with Oceania. We will both be celebrating our 50th b-days and will be cruising Tahiti.

We are torn between an Oceania suite and a penthouse suite. The OC has a jacuzzi which we won't use. But we like the thought of being in such a grand cabin. But we will be in port 9 of the 11 days and we will definitely be off the ship at each port with the time given us.

Does anyone have any good arguments why we should book one over the other?

If we book the PH, then the money we'd save would pay for a couple of nights in Bora Bora in a resort hut over the water.

But we are celebrating something special......Thoughts??????

If it's an either-or situation, I'd go for the huts over the water (!) and a smaller cabin. Then you have two amazing memories. But if you're able to swing both, I would go for the OC. Life throws a lot of curveballs as we get older and celebrating your 50th bdays is worth celebrating in the here and now!

If you want a romantic vacation, having breakfast rowed out to you in your hut seems to me something special to remember. You answer your own question by pointing out that your suite will basically be to sleep in after a busy day in port.

This is just one man's opinion.. I just others can justify the opposite opinion

I was on a port-intensive cruise on marina in June (no sea days at all). The Penthouse was fabulous - certainly not as deluxe as the OS but roomy, comfortable,well organized. And when comparing OS to extra nights in Bora Bora, at the end of the day, the OS is still just a cabin on a ship - which cannot be compared to the once in a lifetime experience in Bora Bora. How fortuntate you are to be in a position to choose!

I'd spend the extra money on an overwater bungalow... BUT get the Premium one (or whatever that particular resort calls it). It's typically the bungalow that is the furthest out - but more private! :D We were unable to see our neighbors and absolutely loved it. To top it off we were able to have great sunrise and sunset views everyday, unobstructed by other bungalows.

The only other advantage of an O suite is the ability to prebook two reservations in each of the specialty restaurants. If that is not important to you then I would go with the PH which is a terrific accommodation. Plus your butler will most likely be able to get you extra reservations anyway.

We spent 7 days in a row at sea in a Marina PH on the TA and loved the cabin. The bath is roomy and lux, the cabin is comfortable (we loved the table/chairs at the foot of the bed) and spacious, and you could almost have a party in the walk-in closet. And, yes, our butler was able to get extra specialty restaurant reservations whenever we asked.

I too, would vote for the two days on Bora Bora. Did you ever think you would be able to visit a South Sea island, or was it just a dream when you were younger? Now, at 50, you can live a dream.

Whatever you decide, you will have a memorable 50th birthday! Congratulations!

Archived