St. Thomas for the day

Canucks11

Hi All;

I was looking for some suggestions for spending the day at a nice hotel while we are docked in St. Thomas? Nice pool area with a good beach for my family to spend a few hours at.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks to all that respond.

We did coki beach, no hotel close by there either. local beach, not crowded, $10 to snorkel. they did not charge for chairs like the beachs for tourists/megans.

they probably would charge if you asked though.. we just sat down and no one said anything. I sat at a picnic table mostly with local women and chatted.

I have been looking for the same sort of day in STT. There is some good info on the port of call boards under STT. We have decided to go to the Best Western at Emerald Beach. I don't think you can use the pool, tho unless you book a room. The info on the POC boards is very helpful. Have a great cruise!!!

Thankyou for the information. I didn't even realize that there was a port of call board, until I saw the reply and actually looked a little harder:) Now I have another area to great info on this board. Thanks again to all for helping me out.

If you sail into the St Thomas harbor in the daytime, watch for a large hotel on the Starboard (Right) side of the ship. That hotel is Frecnhman's Reef and it's only about one mile from where the ship will dock at Havensight Mall. There's a road that goes down from Frenchman's Reef to Morningstar Beach and it's a great place to spend a few hours or even the entire day. It's been a few years since I've been there but I recall there being tennis courts (not sure of that) and there is a place to get drinks and you can rent an umbrella if you want to avoid a sun burn. Give it a thought since it is close to where you dock and it would be a very short taxi ride. ;)

I have read that it's an hour and a half each way to St Johns? Is it worth the extra time to go there, or can I find a resort in St Thomas that will satisfy what were looking for? We do like the idea of getting off the ship for the day and having both pool and beach available to us.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Hi All;

I was looking for some suggestions for spending the day at a nice hotel while we are docked in St. Thomas? Nice pool area with a good beach for my family to spend a few hours at.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks to all that respond.

Ok....here is my secret...For years I have been going to a little known place called "Secret Harbour"..All the cab drivers know it...about a 20 min ride...The driver will let you off and ask you what time you want him to pick you up..have never had a problem...About 4 hours is good I think..It's a small resort with maybe 30 or 40 guest rooms...A wonderful lagoon to swim in...shade, trees, beach and a terrific little outdoor restaurant...They welcome guests...It's my fav place in the caribbean..just about!...You will love it..

I do not think you will find any resort that will allow you to use their pool. This is due to Insurance coverage on Island. You can use pools if you rent a room for the day,but be aware that rental start in mid afternoon so are pretty useless to cruise passengers. Secret Harbour is a lovely small beach, shallow water, good snorkeling, food and drink available, rental chairs and shade trees. :)

B.

• 3 weeks later...
I HIGHLY recommend Coki Beach. My family of seven ages 45 - 5 loved it. Great Snorkling, smooth water, beach massage, wonderful drinks, great local service. Small area Great time. Has everything you need for a day at the beach with the family:)

I was wondering....can you just take a taxi from the port to coki beach. We are a family of 4 with all being adults. Looking for beach with music drinks food etc.....do they charge at this beach or is it open to the public.

All beaches in the VI are open to the public without charge except Magens Bay which is a Virgin Islands Park and charges admission for non residents. Taxis are plentiful to take tourists to all beaches and return them to their ship. Enjoy your stay on Island.:)

B.

Archived