RCCL Zipline - Loterie Treetop

vxv0409

My boyfriend and I are planning to do the Loterie Farm Treetop Zipline excursion through Royal Caribbean.

Has anyone done this before? What did you think of it? Was it hard to do by yourself? Are you required to hook yourself up to the lines and do everything yourself? Anything complicated about it? Anyone take any pictures of this? How long are you actually on the ziplines? Can you take cameras?

Any additional information would be great!

THANK YOU!

:D

I did it a few years ago and it was a blast. I have done several zip lines around the world and I liked this one the best. It is not just a basic zip line. It is more like an obstacle course in the trees, complete with suspended rope bridges.

I am fit and enjoyed it a lot, but I was amazed at how some of the obese people managed to do it. I am certain that they were in pain the next day.

I didn't bring my camera and cannot remember if it was even allowed, but I did pay for a picture that they took, and feel it was worth the approx $15 or $20 that I paid for it.

OP...it's almost as if we are on the same brainwave! LOL my family and i will be going on oasis in may. and i'm looking at the same excursions...the treetop zipline and swimming with sea lions! and ironically, i'm from originally from pa, as well!!

OP...it's almost as if we are on the same brainwave! LOL my family and i will be going on oasis in may. and i'm looking at the same excursions...the treetop zipline and swimming with sea lions! and ironically, i'm from originally from pa, as well!!

HAHA What a coincidence!! And I see your name is IUPAlum... I'm in college and I go to Cal U! I tranferred from Slippery Rock, and my boyfriend went to IUP his first year! What a small world!

My family did a Zipline in Puerto Rico this past June and I didn't like it much. We spun around a lot and had to really focus on holding the rope the right way. There were only about 5-10 platforms and it felt over before we even got going. I'm hoping this one is longer and more exhilirating and fun! This looks more intense though than the one we have already done.

Let me know which excursions you decide on. I think we are going with both the Sea Lions and this. We are stopping at CocoCay as well and that is our "beach day" as I do not like too many of those - I feel I'm wasting my vacation! (Although we know there's no beaches here in PA haha).

:D

Thanks for the great response. I like that you call it an obstacle course in the trees. What was so hard that you had to be fit? Was there a lot of walking? Did you have to pull yourself up off the ziplines? I can't do a pullup! hahahaha but I can walk well :)

I did it a few years ago and it was a blast. I have done several zip lines around the world and I liked this one the best. It is not just a basic zip line. It is more like an obstacle course in the trees, complete with suspended rope bridges.

quote]

• 2 weeks later...

it def. is a small world...my bff is from slippery rock! we met her first year at iup. how cool!

i'm def. gonna do the sea lions. not sure about the zip line. sounds really amazing (my mom really wants to do it) but not so sure how physically intense i would like. after all, i am on vaca and don't want to over-exert myself! lol

when did you say you were going on your cruise?

it def. is a small world...my bff is from slippery rock! we met her first year at iup. how cool!

i'm def. gonna do the sea lions. not sure about the zip line. sounds really amazing (my mom really wants to do it) but not so sure how physically intense i would like. after all, i am on vaca and don't want to over-exert myself! lol

when did you say you were going on your cruise?

Right - I think it will be physically challenging but it won't feel like a boot camp or anything. It will be worth it to feel the challenge once you're swinging down through the trees and you feel that rush. It has to be exhilrating!

Our cruise is July 1 - July 8 next year. :D

My husband and I did this excursion a few years ago and found it very difficult. One person in our group had to be rescued out of the trees. Each zip line or obstacle (such as swinging bridge) is located between 2 trees, but some of them do not even have a platform to stand on. You literally end in the tree and have to rely on the person ahead of you to pull you up to stand in the branches. There is no brake on the handle, you have to use your gloved hand. Again, this was 4 years ago, so it might have improved, but I have seen many more zip line tours that seem safer.

My husband and I did this excursion a few years ago and found it very difficult. One person in our group had to be rescued out of the trees. Each zip line or obstacle (such as swinging bridge) is located between 2 trees, but some of them do not even have a platform to stand on. You literally end in the tree and have to rely on the person ahead of you to pull you up to stand in the branches. There is no brake on the handle, you have to use your gloved hand. Again, this was 4 years ago, so it might have improved, but I have seen many more zip line tours that seem safer.

Oh boy. Aren't there workers at each station?!?! Hmmm.. thank you for sharing because it definitely makes me "rethink" the situation.

I'm not one for pulling myself up to stand on a branch. I like a sturdy built platform. And I did a zipline in Puerto Rico and we didn't have brakes either only our gloves. I didn't like this much but I got used to it.

• 2 months later...

I did his excursion last week with Celebrity Solstice. While many in the group enjoyed it, I thought it was extremely difficult and dangerous. I have very long legs and not the best sense of balance, plus it was raining heavily, and I had a very hard time navigating the tight-rope walking and shaky bridges between the trees. The cables and wooden platforms you had to step on were super slippery and instructions were kept to a bare minimum.

I don't think fitness level matters as much as sense of balance and agility. If you loved climbing trees as a kid, you'll probably do fine. I was terrified, and the guides are not stationed at each tree to help you figure out what to do. I think it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured.

I did his excursion last week with Celebrity Solstice. While many in the group enjoyed it, I thought it was extremely difficult and dangerous. I have very long legs and not the best sense of balance, plus it was raining heavily, and I had a very hard time navigating the tight-rope walking and shaky bridges between the trees. The cables and wooden platforms you had to step on were super slippery and instructions were kept to a bare minimum.

I don't think fitness level matters as much as sense of balance and agility. If you loved climbing trees as a kid, you'll probably do fine. I was terrified, and the guides are not stationed at each tree to help you figure out what to do. I think it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have decided against this excursion based on everything. I did a Zipline in Puerto Rico and there were people at every station telling us what to do and no bridges or anything, just huge platforms. I did not even like that one so I can't imagine I would like this.

I have heard multiple people say its only a matter of time until an accident. That's really unfortunate. I wish the cruise lines would read some of these posts and reevaluate their recommended tours.

Thanks for sharing

• 5 months later...

A large group of us did this a couple of years a go. Yes it is good fun but it is hard work and as I found (I'm only 5 foot tall) you need long legs :)

I had to get down half way round (the only get off point) with our daughter who was struggling she was 9. However the rest of the group loved it.

Archived