Review of NCL SUN Oct 15 Through Oct 22

bdaddyiii

Great review. Thank you so much for posting especially the menus. My mouth is watering. Looks like they took away the crab legs from East Meets West. Hmmm guess I just have to add on the lobster tail.. We are just 87 days away from being back on the SUN. Can it get here any faster? :D

Norma

A msut do excursion if Cozumel is the Secret River. when we booked it it said that food was not included, however, upon arriving we found that a snack was included as well as a shot of some good booze upon completion of the swim. Here are some photos.

RioSecreto16.jpg

RioSecreto61.jpg

RioSecreto63.jpg

RioSecreto65.jpg

RioSecreto66.jpg

We explored this cave and swam in the crystal clear water. We were underground for 1 hour and 45 minutes and loved every minute. Our group only had 9 people in it. They have only been doing this tour for 3 years and only found this cave 5 years ago. It was really cool and sometimes as dark as a cave. lol.:cool:

Great Stirrup Cay is still a construction site. We had fun though. Here are some photos.

Day7GreatStirrupCay71.jpg

A view beach area. The area on the left is the family area with the hippo slide and clam shells. The beach area on the right is the adult only area with beach chairs and clam shells.

Day7GreatStirrupCay69.jpg

The tender port enterance As you can see still under constructions.

Day7GreatStirrupCay68.jpg

The light house, however, it is still closed due to the constructions.

Day7GreatStirrupCay62.jpg

This was the only hamock I saw and it was on the hill as you entered the tender area.

I was on that ship the same week as well as the week before. When we left port on the 8th, it was unbelieably rough but I am happy to report--no sea sickness. :)

Can't wait to see your report. If this would've been my first cruise I would never sail again. Just not up to NCL standards. Even the crew took the whatever, whenever, where-ever too literally. Hope to never see mashed potatoes with cinnamon (I think that was the spice) again also.:eek:

More on Great Stirrup Cay.

Day7GreatStirrupCay57.jpg

Tender Port.

Day7GreatStirrupCay28.jpg

Entering Island.

Day7GreatStirrupCay40.jpg

Island Sign post

Day7GreatStirrupCay41.jpg

Sad sign.

Day7GreatStirrupCay53.jpg

I have more photos coming but I have to run for know back in a couple of hours. Hope you enjoy the ones I have posted. Happy Sailing.

GSC doesnt really look that nice and colorful it looks like a State park... Hmmmm This will be my first time this weekend.

okay i take that bac. you just updated some more.. it looks nice... keep posting.

Do you think its a wast to get the clams. youc ant see anything if your in the second row or back

So the hippo slide is there now? I had read somewhere that Hurricane Irene blew it away...;)

yes it is there. They deflated it while I was there because nobody was using it. but it was up when I landed ashore.:cool:

Day7GreatStirrupCay31.jpg

Stray market to the left as you enter the island from the tender port.

Day7GreatStirrupCay33.jpg

Hippo Slide next to Stray market. The clam shells are next to the slide in the family area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay34.jpg

Snorkle Shack to the left of the hippo slid if you are facing the water.

Day7GreatStirrupCay35.jpg

Clam shell i rented next to the hippo slide. The straw market in the background.

Day7GreatStirrupCay36.jpg

View of water from my clam shell. :cool:

Day7GreatStirrupCay37.jpg

View of ship standing in front of my clam shell.

Day7GreatStirrupCay38.jpg

Construction Area. See the sign post in the middle background.

Day7GreatStirrupCay39.jpg

Bathrooms. The sign post is in front of this building.

Day7GreatStirrupCay42.jpg

Hospital on shore. The Buffett in the background on the right of the photo.

And more. I really hope these help to answer question regarding GSC since I was unable to find any answers before I went. Enjoy.

Day7GreatStirrupCay43.jpg

More family beach area in front of bathroom area and hosptial area. That is a bar in the background and in the construction area they were building the cabannas I believe.

Day7GreatStirrupCay44.jpg

Buffett building with two buildings on each side to sit and enjoy your food.

The volleyball area and band stage is in front of this building.

Day7GreatStirrupCay45.jpg

the areas by the buffet to eat.

Day7GreatStirrupCay46.jpg

Building the cabanas. The building behind is a bar and the enterance to the adult only area. I don't think it is clothing optional.

More on GSC.

Day7GreatStirrupCay48.jpg

By the contruction area where the cabanas is being built is a bar. This is the walkway on the other side of the bar going to the adult only beach.

Day7GreatStirrupCay49.jpg

Adult only beach with additional beach front area past it. To the left of the photos is a shaded area for adults only.

Day7GreatStirrupCay50.jpg

Adult only area with adult only shaded area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay52.jpg

Beach area past Adults only beach.

Day7GreatStirrupCay55.jpg

Plenty of beach front with great water to snorkel in. It is not crowded at all.:cool:

Did you see any of the construction for the lazy river? I was curious if it had been started yet.

No I did not see any construction for the lazy river but a large area was closed due to construction so I believe it is in that area.:cool:

That cave was cool! Did you book this thru NCL? What was the water temp like?

It was so cool. We did book through NCL. The temp was I think 68 degrees. It was not too cold since we were wearing wet suits. It was very nice and felt great. It is a must do for sure.:cool:

GSC doesnt really look that nice and colorful it looks like a State park... Hmmmm This will be my first time this weekend.

okay i take that bac. you just updated some more.. it looks nice... keep posting.

Do you think its a wast to get the clams. youc ant see anything if your in the second row or back

No I am glad I got a clam shell. I was on the first row but the beach was so large and the people in the second row jsut moved theirs to the side to get a better view. Most of us did not stay in the clam shell it wsa jsut a place to get out of the sun or wind or whatever.:cool:

Archived